GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First look at the MIB II Infotainment system

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Is there a significant difference between Pilot Sport 3s and Super Sports? I'm running stock Pirelli PZeros at the moment, got to change it up in the next couple months.

Apparently yeah but not sure what it is. The pilot super sport is like the best all rounder and was the replacement for pilot sport 2. So don't get confused by the name pilot sport 3, as the real successor is the pilot super sport for the ps2. The ps3 is basically a better in wet version of the ps2. So it is still bloody good.

I wanted pilot super sport as its the benchmark in tyres but its not available here in the size 225/40/18 for some reason :/. Its available everywhere in the world though, so that baffles me.

I remember you having 19's so you might be able to find it in your size. :)

This is the website I check for ratings and such and is very trusted...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP

Talal_Alsenan

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all.. I picked up my GTI today! I gave android auto a try it did not connect at first, then I downloaded an app from google (In APK format as google play said that its not available for our region) and with that app present in my Galaxy S6 it worked!! I was able to operate google maps using my MIB 2 screen, I also got my notifications displayed..
Ill tinker around and get back with any new stuff

Metfan08

Ready to race!
Hi all.. I picked up my GTI today! I gave android auto a try it did not connect at first, then I downloaded an app from google (In APK format as google play said that its not available for our region) and with that app present in my Galaxy S6 it worked!! I was able to operate google maps using my MIB 2 screen, I also got my notifications displayed..

What was the app called please? Cheers

mukuljuria

Ready to race!

Man that is awesome! I was looking at VW germany's website and it said apple car play and android auto was only on the discover pro 8". Im guessing the google translate didn't function properly as it works on yours.

Enjoy it mate :D

pipsyp

Ready to race!
Not all options. I saw an R the other day that had the 8" discover pro with the same usb/aux inputs. I opened the arm rest just to make sure and there was no usb charge point.

I think you'll find the armrest USB is only fitted if the car has the advanced phone package fitted.....the one where the armrest amplifies the cell signal via an inductive loop to a GSM antenna in the GPS puck on the roof.

That USB is literally for phone charging only had no infotainment connectivity capability.

I think its good that VW have adopted USB as you can now use the devices native USB leads to connect.

Talal_Alsenan

Passed Driver's Ed
uploadfromtaptalk1439991016352.jpg

Android auto on the MK7 MIB2 screen..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Huzman

Waiting for my Golf R SE. To be delivered next week..Naboodah says it has MIB1 and not 2. The car they showed me in the showroom also had MIB1. Not too hopeful for a pleasant surprise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SharmaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
i've had two gtis so far, both came with bridgestones from the factory and both sucked.

Really noisy especially after a couple months of using them, they spin like mad and the life isn't that good. On top of that you feel every imperfection on the road.

I just changed mine to Michelin pilot sport 3 about 2-3 months ago, its still noisy due to the tread pattern but the grip is on a different level and barely any wear in over 5000kms :D

Quick question mukul.. How much did you get the ps3s for? Cause i recently discovered cracks on one of my contis had to get that replaced with ps3 .. *safety first* need to get the other three tires changed to ps3 as well, but was not happy with the price of 1k (aed).. Felt like i was getting ripped off so i just got one replaced :p
Now im off scouting other tire shops for a better deal..

*sorry for the off topic post* :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Quick question mukul.. How much did you get the ps3s for? Cause i recently discovered cracks on one of my contis had to get that replaced with ps3 .. *safety first* need to get the other three tires changed to ps3 as well, but was not happy with the price of 1k (aed).. Felt like i was getting ripped off so i just got one replaced :p
Now im off scouting other tire shops for a better deal..

*sorry for the off topic post* :p

Hey bro, I paid 950 per tyre the first time for 2 pieces from a "friends shop" lol, and 875 the second time after looking around. Check out Saeedi tyres in Al quoz and speak to Shefiq.

Where did you get yours from? Tyre plus?

SharmaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey bro, I paid 950 per tyre the first time for 2 pieces from a "friends shop" lol, and 875 the second time after looking around. Check out Saeedi tyres in Al quoz and speak to Shefiq.

Where did you get yours from? Tyre plus?

Thanks bro.. Got the ps3's from a shit joint in ajman.. Ordered 3 ps3's from another shit joint in ajman for 970 .. Told him to throw in free wheel alignment and my wallet as it is now empty :p

rizzlababa

Hey guys,

Might be a little off topic here, but I own a mix gti 2015 and was wondering if there is a way to update the infotainment system. I did read somewhere that it would not be wise to mock about with it as the infotainment is connected to the cars main computer and in order to update the infotainment I would have to update various other firmware.
Any input?