GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally Waze on phone version of Android auto

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
I have been waiting for this and had to download a beta apk to get it

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/waze/

But finally I can use the Android auto app because Waze supports it. If you're interested latest apk from link above and you have to allow installation from non play store sources. Works great on my pixel 2 xl

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Android Auto has had Waze for a while now. What’s different about this?

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Android Auto has had Waze for a while now. What’s different about this?

Yeah, Waze and Google Maps on Android Auto were part of the reason I switched from an iPhone to a Galaxy about a week after I got my GTI, back in October.

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
Ah ok. Waze is available on AA when connected to a head unit, but not when using AA standalone, until now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have a 2015 no android auto. Figured I didn't need it because my phone has a 6" screen and I heard 2.5 years ago that Waze in the stand alone phone app was in the works. I can't imagine why it took so long doesn't seem like a rocket science programming task.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Android Auto app never had Waze as an option for nav.

I have been waiting for this and had to download a beta apk to get it

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/waze/

But finally I can use the Android auto app because Waze supports it. If you're interested latest apk from link above and you have to allow installation from non play store sources. Works great on my pixel 2 xl

I have no idea what you 2 are taking about Waze has been on AA for just about a year now...

The Verge

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I have a 2015 no android auto. Figured I didn't need it because my phone has a 6" screen and I heard 2.5 years ago that Waze in the stand alone phone app was in the works. I can't imagine why it took so long doesn't seem like a rocket science programming task.

What are you talking about Waze always worked on Android as a standalone application

WAZE FACTS

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
What are you talking about Waze always worked on Android as a standalone application

WAZE FACTS

For being an IT guy you don't comprehend very well. He means Waze now works on Android Auto when not connected to a headunit. AA can be run on its own on just a mounted phone.

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
For being an IT guy you don't comprehend very well. He means Waze now works on Android Auto when not connected to a headunit. AA can be run on its own on just a mounted phone.
It's pretty good too. Starts up when it connects to the Bluetooth in the car and shuts down when I shut off the car. Because I trusted the Bluetooth in the car I don't even have to put in a pin.

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
..no comprende

why would anyone want to use AA app to use Waze without the phone connected? Why not just use the app by itself?

What am i missing here? lol

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie

If you comprehended well at all, you'd see that I drive a 2016 and have no reason to use android auto outside of connecting to the infotainment system in my car and didn't realize that in fact Waze didn't "work" with in Android Auto not being connected to a car. But there are some xda posts about making it work back in July of 2017 by using an emulation that makes android auto think your phone is a headunit.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
..no comprende

why would anyone want to use AA app to use Waze without the phone connected? Why not just use the app by itself?

What am i missing here? lol

That's exactly what I was thinking, but I guess it would be to use the hands free voice commands with in android auto.