GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fender tweeter replacement for something better?

james cole

Passed Driver's Ed
Planning to replace the Fender tweeters I dont really like their sound.... Anyone done this? Problem is there arent many 2ohm tweeters to replace the original one... what happens if I replace it with a 4ohm?

Thanks!
JC

Craig A

Passed Driver's Ed
If you replace them with 4 ohm tweeters, the output level will go down. Which may not be a bad thing if you think the original ones are too loud.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
If you replace them with 4 ohm tweeters, the output level will go down. Which may not be a bad thing if you think the original ones are too loud.

This might explain why my rear tweaters which were Fender from factory and replaced with MK6 Dynaudio tweeters sound so low? I thought it might be the headunit programing or amp causing this.

Guessing the same would happen if I were to replace the front A-pillar Fenders with MK6 Dynaudio tweeters? Which by the way part numbers seem to be the same (MK6 vs MK7 Dynaudio).

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
It would seem that Dynaudio tweeters should be the same 2 ohms, since it's been verified multiple times that the amp for Fender or Dynaudio is exactly the same part number. Then again, perhaps through programming, the different ohm ratings could be properly accommodated.

What's really lacking to my ears is any kind of effective mid-range. But overall the system (Fender) is pretty damn decent for what it is and I have no plans to mess with it. Definitely light years ahead of the crappy Bose system in our new Mazda3.