GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fat Shawn’s 2019 GTI Build

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Best part of the GTI is that you'll have no problem getting the wheels and tyres in the back with the seats folded down(y)
Was really surprised to fit the wheels and tires separately. Might take some tetris-ing to get it all in but pretty confident I can load up tomorrow night and get it all looking good for my GF to take it to her store and get it done. Will post pics this weekend after install and a much needed wash!

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Next big mod is between these 3 things:
Aero (Front Splitter, Skirts, Spoiler)
Roof Racks w Box (always thought it looked cool)
Power Folding Mirrors (QoL and looks cool)

Leaning towards the mirrors first just because it would be nice to be able to see if my cars locked and it would give me the mirror dip that the 135i had that I kinda miss. Since I have BSM I'll probably have to assemble multiple parts vs buying a kit. When I was lurking I saw in someone's build thread they converted to MK8 BSM in the mirror caps vs on the mirror. Wondering if I'm doing that do I need to find a BSM folding mirrors kit or will the MK8 caps come with the bulb that I can just plug into the existing door harness?

If anyone has done it before I'd appreciate the help. Probably not gonna happen for a bit since I may be moving in the next 2 months or so but wanna get the research done before I'm ready so I know exactly what I'm looking for

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Twas the night before install…

Really wish I had roof racks right about now

Attachments

• IMG_8772.jpeg
    IMG_8772.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Alltrack skid plate is my vote. If you're able to get through that, then you've reaaaaaaaaally messed up.
I was leaning more towards the skid plate just because it covers all the good bits vs reinforcing the pan alone. Will it be a problem if I eventually want to go Stage 2 with a FMIC? Think I saw something about some FMIC's not fitting with the plate installed

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I was leaning more towards the skid plate just because it covers all the good bits vs reinforcing the pan alone. Will it be a problem if I eventually want to go Stage 2 with a FMIC? Think I saw something about some FMIC's not fitting with the plate installed
Correct. But you can still go with a direct fit IC that will perform great (typically better) just don’t get the fmic look if that’s what you want.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Springs are on hold until the tech that is installing can get with someone at VW to borrow the axle spreader. Hoping soon but we'll see. Read this thread yesterday detailing DCC calibration so I'll make sure to do that when we've installed.

Dropping the car off to VW for a DSG flush and Oil Change on Monday. Bought it with 83k, cars at 89.5k and I have no idea if the flush was done on time. Better late than never?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
discount tires will repair or replace for free as long as you got the warranty on tires.....I always get that warranty....my GTI has had no less than 4 repairs and 2 new tires

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
discount tires will repair or replace for free as long as you got the warranty on tires.....I always get that warranty....my GTI has had no less than 4 repairs and 2 new tires
Also if your dealer offers "wheel insurance", do it.

I've gotten two wheels repaired and one englishtown outright replaced through my insurance.