GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fat Shawn’s 2019 GTI Build

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Also if your dealer offers "wheel insurance", do it.

I've gotten two wheels repaired and one englishtown outright replaced through my insurance.
I have tire and wheel thru my loan, got it replaced for free. All tires are good now and caught up on maintenance, just waiting for the tech to get the axle tool and springs will go on (praying for Saturday). Then onto the next project, most likely roof racks and a box. Holding off on tuning until I've had it a year or so any/all warrantable issues have time to present and be fixed under my extended.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
We are moving starting 3/29 so all the fun budget is mostly going towards moving costs. Will probably be a bit until I can do anything big to the car.

When they inspected the car when I bought it they said I should probably do spark plugs with my next oil change. Gonna look up how much they are and schedule a day w my dad to help me out doing it. Is it possible to look for signs of carbon buildup without a boroscope? Car has almost 90k, not sure if it was ever done.

MQB_7.5R

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Golf R(s)
You can get a borescope relatively cheap off Amazon (~$25). Especially if you don't plan to use it much, I'm sure this would be sufficient.
Amazon Borescope

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
IMG_8890.jpeg

50ish pairs of sneakers fit in a GTI in case yall were wondering

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Moving is mostly done. Few little things to bring over into the new house.

Now that I have a good sized garage and real driveway, I'm gonna get all the goodies for my own detailing bay.

Looking at the Active 2.0 and this kit from McKillans. Then I'll probably toss most of my chemical guys stuff and replace with actually decent chemicals.

MQB_7.5R

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Golf R(s)
Moving is mostly done. Few little things to bring over into the new house.

Now that I have a good sized garage and real driveway, I'm gonna get all the goodies for my own detailing bay.

Looking at the Active 2.0 and this kit from McKillans. Then I'll probably toss most of my chemical guys stuff and replace with actually decent chemicals.
I have the Active VE52 with the McKillans swivel version and I love it.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
I have the Active VE52 with the McKillans swivel version and I love it.
I saw people liking the VE52 but isn't the Active 2.0 the newer version? Not deadset on the Active, just want something with good GPM.

Also glad to see someone has McKillan stuff, saw this guy on YouTube and it looks really nice but haven't seen anyone say they had his stuff. If he had the linked kit with the pressure washer in stock I'd just order it all thru him to save some shipping

MQB_7.5R

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Golf R(s)
I saw people liking the VE52 but isn't the Active 2.0 the newer version? Not deadset on the Active, just want something with good GPM.

Also glad to see someone has McKillan stuff, saw this guy on YouTube and it looks really nice but haven't seen anyone say they had his stuff. If he had the linked kit with the pressure washer in stock I'd just order it all thru him to save some shipping
I think the 2.0 is the newer version. I got the VE52 last summer.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
I'm gonna watch some YouTube reviews and do some research on lunch. If the VE52 is still decent I'll probably go that route and save $150 to go towards chemicals and whatnot.
Shoutout to IMJOSHV on youtube. He has a 2.0 vs VE52 video that tests everything and lists some pros and cons.

TLDW;

Active 2.0:
+ Smaller Footprint
+ Rated for 200 hours
+ Slightly Better GPM and PSI over VE52
- No Storage
- Slightly louder (80db)
- $350

VE52:
+ Storage for tips and foam cannon
+ Slightly quieter (77-78db)
+ $200
+ Used to have issues with the Start/Stop but updated to fix using parts from Active 2.0
- Bigger than Active 2.0
- Rated for 100 hours

Will probably go with the VE52 since they seem pretty similar and not worried about a 50psi and .75 GPM difference.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Been awhile...

Car is getting lowered 5/4.

Bought some AliExpress things as a little birthday present yesterday. Got black mirror covers, sequential turns a knee pad that goes on the center console since I'm taller and always rubbing on it, a DSG knob thats black with perf leather, one of those velcro nets for the trunk, and a front lip that was $50. Should all be here around or after the car is lowered. Still recouping from the move but next big purchase is definitely the power washing system. Even resisting the urge to wash my car so that first wash with it feels that much better.