GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Evo X Final Editon VS MK7 GTI VS 05' WRX

Ravenstyle83

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI
60 degree Fahrenheit night. From a 50~ roll Mods: WRX - unknown aside from the blaring massive exhaust. Evo X FE: protuned and drop in filter (300 whp). My GTI: cts turbo inlet and afe filter, snow guard delete, APR st. 1 low tune (93 octane). We go on 3 - flawless start: WRX lost by 2.5 bus lengths, Evo and my car neck and neck till 115 gen we let off bc traffic. Evo and I did it again with the same result. Fun times!

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Nice, have yet to run an Evo X. Used to be all over the place here. My friend has one but he's stock so no point lol

Ravenstyle83

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI
Nice, have yet to run an Evo X. Used to be all over the place here. My friend has one but he's stock so no point lol

Yup. The Evo FE guy is a really good friend of mine. I was in his car when it was stock vs after the tune. Big difference but not as much as when I tuned the GTI. Anyways, eventually I want to get an FMIC for some more power

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
You kept up with a protuned evo x with only a stage 1 tune? Wow, I vastly underestimated this car. Sure its a 50 roll but thats impressive.

Its obviously a waste of time from a launch but you try at any other speed?

Ravenstyle83

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI
You kept up with a protuned evo x with only a stage 1 tune? Wow, I vastly underestimated this car. Sure its a 50 roll but thats impressive.

Its obviously a waste of time from a launch but you try at any other speed?

No if either was faster it would have showed in those two races. I'm only stage 1 low output 93. A regular stage 1 APR tune would have beaten the Evo. Btw the FE stock has been tested to do a 13.3 at 104 by C&D. Just realized I spelled edition wrong in the title smh. Link for reference http://www.caranddriver.com/mitsubishi/lancer-evolution

Last edited:

GarabinS1

Ready to race!
I also raced a evo x last week, he was running a gt3076 on e85 and made 410whp/stock motor (showed me the dyno sheet). He had a passenger, and from a 1st gear 20mph roll up to 120mph, and 2 dig races, the R had him by about a car each run. Throw a is38 on that GTI and you will surprise many people from a roll.

ReflexGTI1

Ready to race!
60 degree Fahrenheit night. From a 50~ roll Mods: WRX - unknown aside from the blaring massive exhaust. Evo X FE: protuned and drop in filter (300 whp). My GTI: cts turbo inlet and afe filter, snow guard delete, APR st. 1 low tune (93 octane). We go on 3 - flawless start: WRX lost by 2.5 bus lengths, Evo and my car neck and neck till 115 gen we let off bc traffic. Evo and I did it again with the same result. Fun times!

I literally lol'd when I read 2.5 bus lengths....

Ravenstyle83

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI
I also raced a evo x last week, he was running a gt3076 on e85 and made 410whp/stock motor (showed me the dyno sheet). He had a passenger, and from a 1st gear 20mph roll up to 120mph, and 2 dig races, the R had him by about a car each run. Throw a is38 on that GTI and you will surprise many people from a roll.
Nice race as well