GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

jcruz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk8 Golf R
That's a great price! Much cheaper then any of the tunes out there and basically the same results from what I understand. So then the question begs, if you can get the same results from BMS JB1/JB4, why is anyone tuning the ECU with the likes of APR, ED, Uni, Revo etc?
Lots of info on this, but much comes down to preference or past bias to some extent.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yep, there are things the tune can do that the JB4 can't. I love my JB4 but know its limitations. There are things that it provides that the tunes can't as well, so eventually I'd love to do a BMS Back-end flash :)

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Yep, there are things the tune can do that the JB4 can't. I love my JB4 but know its limitations. There are things that it provides that the tunes can't as well, so eventually I'd love to do a BMS Back-end flash :)

Does the JB4 offer anymore power output over the JB1 or is it simply that it allows users to fine tune air/fuel/boost? If I'm not going to use the tuning features of the JB4 will it offer anything for me that the JB1 does not.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
It allows more control of fueling so top end is much stronger. Since I went from JB1 to JB4 it's very noticeable.

Edit - JB4 will get you much closer to standard staged tunes where JB1 is more like a stage .5 or .75 lol. I made 289whp/324wtq on a JB1 w/DP in 90° heat

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
It allows more control of fueling so top end is much stronger. Since I went from JB1 to JB4 it's very noticeable.

Edit - JB4 will get you much closer to standard staged tunes where JB1 is more like a stage .5 or .75 lol. I made 289whp/324wtq on a JB1 w/DP in 90° heat

How's you clutch holding up?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Good so far. 11k miles overall and 10k of them on JB1/4. Just don't lug it and don't really boost below 3000-3500rpm. I'm going IS38 on the stock clutch so we'll see how lucky I am hahaha

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Good so far. 11k miles overall and 10k of them on JB1/4. Just don't lug it and don't really boost below 3000-3500rpm. I'm going IS38 on the stock clutch so we'll see how lucky I am hahaha

Hmmm. Boosting below those numbers creates wheel spin with stock power. I usually don't really get on it until about 3000rpm if I'm going to pull on it. What do you mean by lugging it? I never get out of third gear in the city. I'm assuming by don't lug it you mean mashing the pedal on the highway in 5th gear at 2500rpm

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

Are you currently running a DP or any other bolt ons?

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Are you currently running a DP or any other bolt ons?

He has the IE intake and IE intercooler with cts turbo inlet pipe and a catless cts dp.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yep lugging it is exactly that, just downshift if you need more power versus going WOT at low rpm. It sounds like you already know all the good habits :)

As Mk7gti said, I'm basically full bolt on now. Only thing I don't have is a throttle pipe (running Neuspeed charge pipe post-turbo).

Keep in mind I drive like a grandma 95% of the time, but it sounds like your city driving so a lot of yours will be basic commuting like mine. I go 8 miles on streets to and from work and never hit positive boost. My oil temps barely reach 180 degrees and I don't go WOT before then so not like I have a choice either way haha. People give me nasty looks tho for not accelerating quickly and we all wind up at the same red light

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Yep lugging it is exactly that, just downshift if you need more power versus going WOT at low rpm. It sounds like you already know all the good habits :)

As Mk7gti said, I'm basically full bolt on now. Only thing I don't have is a throttle pipe (running Neuspeed charge pipe post-turbo).

Keep in mind I drive like a grandma 95% of the time, but it sounds like your city driving so a lot of yours will be basic commuting like mine. I go 8 miles on streets to and from work and never hit positive boost. My oil temps barely reach 180 degrees and I don't go WOT before then so not like I have a choice either way haha. People give me nasty looks tho for not accelerating quickly and we all wind up at the same red light

I get the same thing every day. No point in racing from one red light to the next. It's pointless.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
What are ambient conditions and what type of dyno? It may only boost 19psi if it's cold out since the ECU uses load based tuning. You should be making more than that though.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
What are ambient conditions and what type of dyno? It may only boost 19psi if it's cold out since the ECU uses load based tuning. You should be making more than that though.

The ambient temps were in the 30's at the time, but the car does not boost higher than 19 pounds regardless of the outside temps. The tune has a requested boost level set to 19psi, and I'm not sure why?

A 2015 GTI made ~315whp on the same dyno with similar ambient temps with a UM tune.