GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Estate/Variant mk7.5 LED Tail lights on a mk7

Uggers

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone ever retrofitted the LED Tail lights from a mk7.5 to a mk7 for the estate?

I've got a UK GTD Estate and the rear light cluster is damaged and wondered if it would be an easy swap, if it needed coding had someone written coding up at all?
Also I can't find the part numbers for the life of me so no idea how much it would even cost.

I also realise it won't have sweeping LEDS

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
Yes, has been done plenty of times including by myself. You will need a harness and some basic coding, here is the link:

Bearded Detailer Led Harness

Part numbers for the LED taillights for the German-spec, facelifted Golf Alltrack:

LEFT OUTER TAIL.............................. 5G9 945 095 E

RIGHT OUTER TAIL............................ 5G9 945 096 E

LEFT INNER TAIL............................... 5G9 945 093 H

RIGHT INNER TAIL............................. 5G9 945 094 H

Part numbers for the Golf R Variant LED taillights (tinted)

LEFT OUTER TAIL.............................. 5G9 945 095 G

RIGHT OUTER TAIL............................ 5G9 945 096 G

LEFT INNER TAIL............................... 5G9 945 093 L

RIGHT INNER TAIL............................. 5G9 945 094 L

Uggers

Passed Driver's Ed
ah perfect, thanks!

stupid question, is that harness just to convert from the 7 to 7.5 harness and (other than coding) all the foglight etc won't need modifying

Or was it for using EU lights on a NA car? as I'm in the UK it wasn't too clear as his site is for the NA market

Last edited:

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
The harness is to convert NAR (Us cars) to ROW (Non-us) euro tails so its possible there may be some differences. I had euro halogen tails on my wagon before I swapped to US led tails and I used the harness but didnt change any of the euro tails coding and they work just fine. I plan to get euro leds soon so I am hoping everything just swaps over without issue. You can contact Chris the bearded detailer directly to let him know your specific application and he will likely be able to build the harness for you, he knows a lot about the wiring and coding of the led tails for both us and euro markets.