GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Erratic Passenger Side Mirror

mercurial_dirigible

Passed Driver's Ed
Odd situation but I have passenger-side mirror on 2016 Autobahn that is a bit wonky and only occasionally dips down when in reverse and will often get stuck looking down, only to fix itself hours later after I have already re-adjusted the mirror, giving me a nice view of the sky and not the road behind.

Any thoughts on best way to repair this? New mirror motor? I assume this would be covered under warranty but also imagine I will have an issue getting the dealership to recreate the problem as it is definitely intermittent.

Rix337

Check to make sure the wiring is not pinched inside the mirror housing. Mine was when I installed my power mirrors and the dip function as well as the puddle light was intermittent until I got behind the cap and freed it. It wasn’t damaged but was pinched tight enough to mess up signaling best I can figure. Has worked flawlessly ever since.

Rix337

Yes you can stop the dip from happening by just flipping the mirror control from the right mirror to the neutral position, that stops the dip from working. No coding necessary on that. With a Vag-COM you can remove the coding as well...probably with OBDeleven as well, but not familiar with it, just Vag-COM.