GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS Rear Subframe Brace removal/parts?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Have you checked if the car has aftermarket trans or engine mounts? There is a good chance that the previous owner may have installed aftermarket mounts. I installed a dogbone insert. It made the car vibrate so bad. I took it out after a couple weeks.

Also with no sound insulation out back...the noise will increase a lot. Lol...you'll hear every pebble that gets kicked up from the road. You can always all something like Dynamat to replace the sound insulation that was removed.

mulligan

Car(s)
2017 Golf Sportwagen
Have you checked if the car has aftermarket trans or engine mounts? There is a good chance that the previous owner may have installed aftermarket mounts. I installed a dogbone insert. It made the car vibrate so bad. I took it out after a couple weeks.

Also with no sound insulation out back...the noise will increase a lot. Lol...you'll hear every pebble that gets kicked up from the road. You can always all something like Dynamat to replace the sound insulation that was removed.

Thanks. I havent yet. It just sounds like I'm driving around in a tin can. The resonance is terrible. I plan to get the car up in the air a bit this weekend and look around. I also ordered some Noico 80mil and plan to wrap the rear wheel wells and the trunk and see if it improves. Where is the dog bone mount? I'll look for it.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Thanks. I havent yet. It just sounds like I'm driving around in a tin can. The resonance is terrible. I plan to get the car up in the air a bit this weekend and look around. I also ordered some Noico 80mil and plan to wrap the rear wheel wells and the trunk and see if it improves. Where is the dog bone mount? I'll look for it.
In the middle of the front subframe. There are lot of different types of inserts, but it should look like one of these if nothing has been added:

This also sounds like an ideal case for adding the harmonic balancer, if you don't have awd.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Sound deadening the hatch floor and wheel wells made a worthwhile difference on my GTI. I paired Noico 80mil foam with their rubber butyl to cut vibration.

mulligan

Car(s)
2017 Golf Sportwagen
In the middle of the front subframe. There are lot of different types of inserts, but it should look like one of these if nothing has been added:

This also sounds like an ideal case for adding the harmonic balancer, if you don't have awd.

Thank you, I'll check this out. I actually ordered the harmonic balancer, should be in Friday.