GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EBC RP-1 AND RP-X track pad review

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Just looked at Essex, the 3-12s for my BBK will be $661. No fitment on any of the more track-orientated compounds fronm Ferodo for the 272s. At some point I need to get serious about the 310mm rears for no other reason than pad choice but honestly, the BSNDX are 1000 deg F pads with a 0.52 Mu that are $95.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Great read.
Did how ever try a full setup of Bluestuff NDX, front and rear?
No b/f honestly, the BS pads are ~1000 deg MOT, not enough for track use for me....I'm under that based on heat paint but why cut it close for as much money as the track events cost?

ElCheapoA3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
8V A3 Quattro
No b/f honestly, the BS pads are ~1000 deg MOT, not enough for track use for me....I'm under that based on heat paint but why cut it close for as much money as the track events cost?

Makes sense. Looks like the APR BBK is not available on the website anymore. Do you also use the APR rotors ?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Makes sense. Looks like the APR BBK is not available on the website anymore. Do you also use the APR rotors ?
Yes APR 2 piece rotors. Have to unless you get custom made rings. They are made by PowerBrake out of South Africa. They discontinued these BBKs and have a new one coming out...on their FB page today actually.

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I track my car about 6 times a year and use GiroDisc rotors with my Macan calipers. Best pads I can get that I don't have to swap out for track events, I can't stand :mad: bleeding my brakes repeatedly to get the air out. Pad cost and dust is not an issue, but squealing rotors, or aggressive rotor wear is a no go for me. Currently running EBC Blue NDX, but they are not very confident inspiring on the track. I have the non-PP car.