GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door open beeping

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Don - thats the seatbelt warning - not the door open with engine warning which is different. I have the seatbelt warning disabled (with Vagcom) but still get this beeping if a door is opened with the engine running.

James75

Go Kart Champion
I believe you can disable or stop this beeping.

1). Turn off ignition
2). Remove key from ignition
3). Get out of car (ensuring you have your keys).
4). Close car door behind you
5). Lock your car if required.
6). Deal with the gate in your gated community.

You can kind of go back on these steps once you're done

James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anayat

Ready to race!
I believe you can disable or stop this beeping.

1). Turn off ignition
2). Remove key from ignition
3). Get out of car (ensuring you have your keys).
4). Close car door behind you
5). Lock your car if required.
6). Deal with the gate in your gated community.

You can kind of go back on these steps once you're done

James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji23]

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Don - thats the seatbelt warning - not the door open with engine warning which is different. I have the seatbelt warning disabled (with Vagcom) but still get this beeping if a door is opened with the engine running.

Mark: oops, my bad. Thought that we were talking about the seatbelt alarm!! Don't think that there is a tweak to disable the "other" chime, but I'll look through my database

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I dare say there is some way to disable it - if you are good at German you may be able to figure it out by going through the Numerous Vagcom menus....

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I dare say there is some way to disable it - if you are good at German you may be able to figure it out by going through the Numerous Vagcom menus....

Mark: this is the tweak for disabling the "door chime"

1. Select [17] Instruments
2. Select Adaptation-10
3. Select "Ignition active message"
4. Change setting to "No display" (Default value: driver's door)

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
FIX THE GATE! Do you need money?
If head lights go out, will you only drive in daytime? No you will fit them.
Fix the gate.

Sandman: Hi. "fix the gate", is this a local expression? I like it! Good point about lights - not sure how it applies to the door chime though. As for your first question, the answer is a resounding YES! I'm willing to tolerate all of the money (cash or the virtual stuff) that you want to throw at me - but only on the condition that I can keep what I catch!
Cheers

Anayat

Ready to race!
FIX THE GATE! Do you need money?
If head lights go out, will you only drive in daytime? No you will fit them.
Fix the gate.

I've already enquired about this, because the gate is communal I'm not allowed to pay to have it fixed. Neither are we allowed to fix it if we all agreed to have it fixed. I have raised a complaint that part of the value of my home when I bought it was attributed to that electric gate and now that it's gone I'm losing something that contributed to the value of the house when I bought it. So the management are looking into it. Either way if they do replace them it'll likely be a year at the least until they do. So right now getting rid of the door chime is my most convenient and quickest solution.

jolebole

Ready to race!
Here's a solution for you....:D