GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Virtual Cockpit Retrofit MK7 (aliexpress version)

jetplaness

Passed Driver's Ed
A MK7.5 GTI appears on the screen and zips off into the abyss, no obvious hints that it's an aftermarket unit. Also fwiw I believe this runs linux
Yeah I thought so, mine does that but before it shows like an android stock picture of outerspace and a stock photo of like a forest or beach or something and its driving me crazy lmao I got the seller to send me a different firmware that supposedly doesnt have that but i cant get it to update to work no matter what i do smh

FixIt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
One pleasant surprise regarding the AliExpress cluster: got a not-so-pleasant message this morning, BUT, it actually mentioned which tire was low on pressure which never happened with the analog dash.

1000044787.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Wow, mine never did that, it only said that tire pressure was low but not which tire. So many inconsistencies between years and models. I thought that I found something new and exciting :p
Well now, a tire with low pressure IS new and exciting :LOL:.

FixIt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Well now, a tire with low pressure IS new and exciting :LOL:.
Hahaha yessss, excited about my car telling me which tire has low pressure sounds weird indeed. I thought a slow leak but after inflating it and tightening the pressure sensor, it kept proper pressure. Ok, move along, nothing to see here...

jetplaness

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm having one issue with my car (2019 gti) after I installed this dash and my center carplay screen doesnt get very bright now and the brightness control on the left by the headlight switch doesnt work anymore. If i turn off my headlights and turn them on, the screen will go to max brightness then after 10-20 seconds it auto adjusts and gets dimmer, has anyone come across this same problem?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm having one issue with my car (2019 gti) after I installed this dash and my center carplay screen doesnt get very bright now and the brightness control on the left by the headlight switch doesnt work anymore. If i turn off my headlights and turn them on, the screen will go to max brightness then after 10-20 seconds it auto adjusts and gets dimmer, has anyone come across this same problem?
Known issue. There are light sensors in the analog dash (also in the OEM digital dash) that are no longer present.