GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY GTI (1.8t Tsi)

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
i wish some of those wings came unpainted so i can match them to my car...

idris

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 MK7
So I found some R door modules on the facebook group, had to buy them and also ordered some folding mirrors from Ali Express.

Finally got around to installing them tonight. Coded them to auto/fold with lock and also enabled puddle lights. For the puddle lights I couldn't find how to get them to work. Finally after searching found USP had a set of instructions that included the long coding for them:
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/downloads/M001-Instructions.pdf

Here is a gif:

I also ordered a set of footlight LEDS + wire harness. Still trying to figure out how to retrofit them :).

Did you need the door modules for the power folding mirrors to work?

idris

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 MK7
Yup. I ended up getting used door modules from a Golf R. I think I mentioned it somewhere in this thread :).

Thanks for the reply, was the install of the new door modules as simple as swapping them over or was there more required coding for not only the mirrors, but also the new module?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Just swapped the modules, everything worked no coding. Very straight forward.
Then I coded the mirrors as normal.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Anything new??

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Nothing exciting. My vinyl wrapped mirror caps were peeelimg so I ordered and installed black caps instead.

In the process of doing mk7.5 tails. Ordered my harness from fellow forum member (JBale), and will be ordering the lights soon, or picking them up while I'm in Germany later this month.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Nice build! I also have the GTI catback and a catless downpipe. The exhaust is on the loud side now for sure. Pretty good tone but a little raspy. Is yours the same?

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Yeah. I'm not a big fan of how it sounds. I want to put in a resonator. But at the same time it makes some crackles when driving slow, and I like that :D.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Yeah. I'm not a big fan of how it sounds. I want to put in a resonator. But at the same time it makes some crackles when driving slow, and I like that :D.

Mine has shot flames, haha. I was thinking of possibly replacing the first long muffler with a long resonator. I think that would keep the deep aggressive sound but get rid of the raspy buzz.