GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discover Pro Retrofit & Helix Subwoofer Problems!

anders1

I dont think i send it back.
Is it a speaker signal that "wakes" the DSP up or is it 12v power?
I cant understand why it works when its reconnected.
I hope we find a solution.

Iceman2

I dont think i send it back.
Is it a speaker signal that "wakes" the DSP up or is it 12v power?
I cant understand why it works when its reconnected.
I hope we find a solution.

12V is permanent feeded to the Helix DSP. It should be activated from the speaker signal.

Anders do you have the short ground fault code on all four speakers when the Helix system is installed like me and Harry has?

harryw999

Maybe when the DP reports the ground loop it switches the internal amplifier off as some kind of protection? Then when the Helix is unplugged it clears..? Just a thought.

nugetchew

That's awesome Iceman I'm glad you resolved the issue. I'm curious did you have to use the dongle to program the new DSP or can you now just insert the SD card and do it through the DSP itself.

Iceman2

That's awesome Iceman I'm glad you resolved the issue. I'm curious did you have to use the dongle to program the new DSP or can you now just insert the SD card and do it through the DSP itself.

No need for the dongle on this.It has a Micro SD slot. You can Download ready car specific files from Ficher Helix and uppload or make custom files with DSP audio tool on computer and connect with USB.

anders1

I just wanted to share. i found the problem today. Its the DSP in the kit that is the issue. I bought a Helix Match PP 62DSP today. made by same company. Plug and play to same connectors. And now ewerthing is working perfect. Wery expensive fix to the issue. And now i have one VW HELIX DSP paper weight.

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/match/amplifiers/pp-62dsp
Thanks for the tip i did the same and it works great,so something was wrong
with the Helix.