GOLFMKV

CSB G2G Spring '24

What should we do?

• Total voters

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I guess it's that time again, I'm from PA but looking to make some plans for heading up to visit our forum friends up north. Last time a bunch of us got together and it was a great time, we did karting at Supercharged in Montville.

If we were to do karting again I think the "supertrack" they run on Thursdays makes it very worth the trip, ~80s lap times for the quick. Weekends might be easier for most folks to make, but I know me and Mrs Nine have racing events that kind of limit what weekends we're able to do. Either way very open to suggestions, post whatever you can come up with and we'll talk about it as a group.

edit: May 16th, we'll meet at the Montville CT Supercharged location. Karting for a while, then food and general hangout after is the plan.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
There's also Supercharged in Wrentham, MA, and R1 Karting in Lincoln, RI. I've been to all 3, but can't remember which one is best :ROFLMAO:

It's not karting and I haven't had a chance to go yet, but Level99 just opened in Providence as well, which looks like a fun hangout.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

BigLips19

Car(s)
'19 GTI SE 6MT
I'm down! I just had shoulder surgery so karting is a no but I'll come hang. Is there a rough idea of when? Also would push for weekends but can probably make an afternoon/evening work too

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I'm down! I just had shoulder surgery so karting is a no but I'll come hang. Is there a rough idea of when? Also would push for weekends but can probably make an afternoon/evening work too
Well we're probably looking at April or May at the earliest at this point, yeah all are welcome to come hang. I know we did karting last time and while it was fun, there's plenty of other options out there and I think most of the NE bros are fairly local, Me and Mrs. Nine are likely to be the furthest travelers BUT we're also pretty flexible.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Once April hits my Saturdays are off limits until late June, as well as 5 Sundays in April & May (soccer games). I can make another Thursday work at any time (I think, right now, maybe)

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Yeah, I think a Thursday outing for karts would be ideal, especially with our weekends being fairly packed. How far ahead is convenient for everybody to know a date, and are there any Thursdays that absolutely do not work? Thinking of shooting for sometime between April and late June. Montville seems to be the main site that does the supertrack, and hopefully it'll be a little warmer for hanging afterwards for a bit. Mystic has some cool stuff for sure so we might stay overnight there, I'm going to take a little time with the Mrs and a map, and see what kind of proximity all these suggestions are in -- we might hit up Montville for karts on Thursday, stay overnight in Mystic, and then do some more stuff on Friday and come home Friday evening, which would allow for a lot more opportunities since our weekends are getting pretty packed in already (with car stuff, so no complaints there)

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
May 16th anyone? Thinking evening of karts & food, and general tomfoolery. Montville Supercharged runs their supertrack, there's all sorts of neat stuff to eat in the general area (local folks, pitch any suggestions you've got). And selfishly enough, it means I can take Friday to drive home and still get some stuff accomplished over the weekend.