GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Colour choice?

Anayat

Ready to race!
Sorry about this, I know it's been posted half a million times on this forum, but I'm really torn.

I've had the MK7 for 3 years now the lease is over, I loved the golf, being my first german car and first volkswagen, I don't think I can buy another car that is not of the same quality, I've decided to get a GTD.

my predicament being my current golf is white, and I've loved the colour since the day I took delivery. but I'm getting a new GTD and I want it to feel like an all new car and not a sportier version of the car I already own. I've opted for options I didn't on the current golf, like discover pro and dynaudio sound system, to try and tell myself it is a completely different beast. and I would really like it in White, but feel like I should go for Limestone grey this time around. HELP? please. what would you do?

TL;DR White or Limestone grey??????

richiekuk

Ready to race!
Sorry about this, I know it's been posted half a million times on this forum, but I'm really torn.

I've had the MK7 for 3 years now the lease is over, I loved the golf, being my first german car and first volkswagen, I don't think I can buy another car that is not of the same quality, I've decided to get a GTD.

my predicament being my current golf is white, and I've loved the colour since the day I took delivery. but I'm getting a new GTD and I want it to feel like an all new car and not a sportier version of the car I already own. I've opted for options I didn't on the current golf, like discover pro and dynaudio sound system, to try and tell myself it is a completely different beast. and I would really like it in White, but feel like I should go for Limestone grey this time around. HELP? please. what would you do?

TL;DR White or Limestone grey??????

The GTD looks good in white. But I do like them in Limestone Grey.
Also they look really good in Red and Carbon Steel Grey.

Anayat

Ready to race!
The GTD looks good in white. But I do like them in Limestone Grey.
Also they look really good in Red and Carbon Steel Grey.
haha don't add more options! yeah must admit the carbon grey looks very nice, but for some reason prefer the limestone over the carbon

richiekuk

Ready to race!
I saw a GTD in Limestone at Wigan VW, and thought it looked really good. Properly understated but with that look!

I admit there are plenty of CSG cars out there, but Limestone adds that bit of exclusivity thats lacking with the GTD these days.

Little Nut

Passed Driver's Ed
Every car I have purchased for me to drive over the last 37 years has been some red/maroon variant. My favorite color I never get sick off. This time around to replace my red MK4 GTI GLS I ordered Black because I like black and most importantly it wasn't red. In your case, the grey.

dazr321

Passed Driver's Ed
Although the most expensive colour, I chose ORYX white, it just looks the nuts, definitely gives the car a luxury/expensive feel about it. my mk 6 was pure white and that looked ace when clean.

Stripey

Ready to race!
Personally I'd never even briefly consider a black or white car if buying new. But then I'm not the sort of person who enjoys cleaning a car. If you do then white will be fine for you. I went for limestone and you can easily get away with 1 wash a month without it looking really dirty.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
My opinion:

If you want to be a bit different avoid CSG as 9 out of 10 performance Golfs I see are this colour. With a bit of effect T Red polishes to a lovely deep shine but ive had 2 Golfs in that colour so this will be my last.

If I stay with the Golf my next will be either night blue or tungsten silver

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Have you looked at the Pearl White? If you have deep pockets, could be another option to tick :D

I have a Pure White GTD & really love the colour.

Rappy:cool:

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Personally I'd never even briefly consider a black or white car if buying new. But then I'm not the sort of person who enjoys cleaning a car. If you do then white will be fine for you. I went for limestone and you can easily get away with 1 wash a month without it looking really dirty.

Black I agree, having owned a few. But white is great. The only giveaway is the wheels:)

Rappy:cool:

skinnyroots

Ready to race!
I've really been liking the look of the red lately.

Spinstorm

Ready to race!
I think it should either be a bright colour or metallic, I hate seeing black GTI/D/Rs as they just look so boring and non-descript.

I agree brighter colours better show off the bodywork. I have a night blue GTD and I ordered exactly the same colour for the R (that I hope will arrive in a couple of weeks).

The reason I went for that colour is it isn't in my face; but when clean is very shiny but at night also catches the light. No idea how it will look on an R with the sunroof but in the end I went for the same colour because I liked it on my GTD and didn't want to risk something I may not like on a new car.

mk4_337

Ready to race!
Limestone Grey for sure!