COD Modern warfare 3

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
in for more info, pics, video

AdvanSuper

Banned
:word: I thought Black Ops campaign was the best in the series imo. The story was great and it held you in suspense and confusion all the way until the end. Then all of a sudden everything clicks. MW is great obv, but BO just went about it in a different way and I respect that.

I would love to see the Black Ops play style, just with updated weapons. Im also more of a fan of the IW engine. It's just too bad they had to fuck it up with all of the annoying little things like stacking killstreaks, last stand, commando, quickscoping, etc. A merge of the last two CODs would be epic imo.

Not exactly.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...ltiplayer-fee-coming-analyst-michael-pachter/

If this happens I will be done with COD. I will never pay a monthly fee for games. That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. Anything more than what my ISP charges is too much. Paying for DLC is crap as well.

Kotick crushed that rumor himself and I exaggerated the "year" part :lol:. That analyst is a fucking moron as well.

walangij

D1 2010!
http://kotaku.com/5801226/the-moder...ive-first-details-on-the-biggest-game-of-2011

Huge cache of new info about MW3 revealed to Kotaku this past week, and reading some of it sounds pretty legit. They have a whole section revealing the entire storyline which I avoided completely. I don't care what people say but I hope this game does MW and MW2 justice even with the switch in development teams.

I'm planning on primarily playing singleplayer/co-op if they have it, and leaving multi-player to BF3 unless there's a big change in the MP dynamics. There's only so much prestige that one can tolerate.

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
xbox live has some teaser clips for MW3. they're basically short vids that are mostly audio. I don't want to ruin anyone's hopes for this game, but quite frankly I believe it will 100% follow the same COD formula that has been in place since COD4. It's gonna be a rehash like every COD game has been since then. Boring ass shit gameplay that's just a midcycle facelift on the COD series. Really COD has become like a car that receives continual facelifts but never is totally redone into a new model.

I know the above poster is saying this is not a BF3 thread, but any thread about a highly anticipated shooter should include comparisons with competing games. It looks like BF3 is making attempts to branch out and make significant changes while from everything I've read MW3 is yet another rehash. You people can either tell Activision to fuck off with their profiteering off the COD series (I've already decided that MW3 will be the first COD I won't buy), or you can continue to say how legit the games are and continue to receive new installments that are hardly new or add anything to the series.

Edit: it all reminds me of a comment I heard about the cellphone market, about how companies slowly roll out improvements (even though they probably could have incorporated those improvements in earlier phones) in order to maximize interest in phones and sell a shit ton. Each new COD adds just a little bit to the series.
Predictions for MW3:
2 new gametypes at most (truly new gametypes; in other words gametypes that are not derivative of a killing mode, bomb planting mode, or capping mode)
Similar weapons layout, just with a few more weapons and replacements for a few guns from past CODs (though many are sure to return with simply redone graphics). Expect replacements for "cool" weapons like the tomahawk, ballistic knife, throwing knife, crossbow, etc. from the past just because Activision loves to make it like these are selling points for the game even though they hardly affect the fucking gameplay at all.
Increased interactivity in the MP maps. To me, the interactivity in the Black Ops maps was a dead ringer for the COD strategy of slowly rolling out new features. They could have incorporated a hell of a lot more interactivity but clearly limited themselves to putting elements that don't really affect gameplay on only a few maps. Now, as we start thinking about MW3, guaranteed they will be talking about how the new maps are so much more interactive.

Last edited:

DeathB4Dishonr

Lasers go Pew Pew
Car(s)
2k6 BMP GTI
Bf3 will be much better than mw3.

Bf3 is going back to 64 person multiplayer maps.

even though this is a mw3 thread, only the pc version of bf3 will have 64 man servers.

i personally was not a fan of mw2 gameplay. to me it felt way off from mw and i preferred world at war more than mw2. if they polish up the feel of gameplay i think its going to be a good run for the top spot between bf3 and mw3.