GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Log Comparison Thread

georgiatechME

Ready to race!
Haha, 85 is considered hot during a log in my parts. If I remember correctly Hexx only runs 91 even when he was on the MAP tunes. So ya 91 with that kind of log is ULTRA surprising

Haha his ambient was 79F during the pulls... so you can imagine what 90F ambient will do when it starts to warm up. Yeah, if he was running 91... dang.

FYI guys. I just saw Freektune (Justin) is including a FULL tune with a AP purchased through him. He also includes his own OTS previously BTW.

https://www.freektune.com/collections/volkswagon-gti/products/volkswagon-mk6-gti-cobb-accessport-v3

Good time to be a MK7 owner looking to go Cobb.

He's had that special for a while :), however... he may not be doing it anymore since business has picked up. When you click on all of the options it says "Sold Out". He still has AP's available... may not be handing out the included E-Tunes to us anymore.

But I definitely agree. It's great to see the AP gaining support.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Haha his ambient was 79F during the pulls... so you can imagine what 90F ambient will do when it starts to warm up. Yeah, if he was running 91... dang.

He's had that special for a while :), however... he may not be doing it anymore since business has picked up. When you click on all of the options it says "Sold Out". He still has AP's available... may not be handing out the included E-Tunes to us anymore.

But I definitely agree. It's great to see the AP gaining support.

If only he did that during the MAP initial sale, he would literally have the entire community running his tunes lol.

georgiatechME

Ready to race!
And Hexxum, I don't want it to seem like we're bashing your results! Your log looks AMAZING! I hope our feedback has been helpful. The limiting factor to our platform is not the engine, nor is it really fueling (for is20 application). It's the turbo. So we can continue to push the turbo to its limits... but eventually, it will fail. You're running high boost. It's brought incredible results, but I'm personally worried about checking the forums one day and seeing that you blew your turbo :(

It highlights one of the great reasons for doing an is38 swap. We can get more airflow with less turbine RPM and get power gains. Better reliability, more power.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
And Hexxum, I don't want it to seem like we're bashing your results! Your log looks AMAZING! I hope our feedback has been helpful. The limiting factor to our platform is not the engine, nor is it really fueling (for is20 application). It's the turbo. So we can continue to push the turbo to its limits... but eventually, it will fail. You're running high boost. It's brought incredible results, but I'm personally worried about checking the forums one day and seeing that you blew your turbo :(

It highlights one of the great reasons for doing an is38 swap. We can get more airflow with less turbine RPM and get power gains. Better reliability, more power.

He has the latest revision turbo. So I guess he can stress test for the rest of us. lol.

J/K I hope things work out Hexx, and get on a Dyno. Would love to see what 28.1 PSI puts down.

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I just wanted to clarify one thing, the log that I posted is an E30 tune. Jon did a 91 octane tune and an E30 tune for me. My 91 octane tune is what I will be running most of the time during my daily drive. But when I hit the strip or track or just want to do some spirited driving in Mexico, I'll switch to this E30 tune.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I just wanted to clarify one thing, the log that I posted is an E30 tune. Jon did a 91 octane tune and an E30 tune for me. My 91 octane tune is what I will be running most of the time during my daily drive. But when I hit the strip or track or just want to do some spirited driving in Mexico, I'll switch to this E30 tune.

That makes more sense lol

georgiatechME

Ready to race!

Nice. Do you have the log for the 91 tune? :)

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Not yet. My tuner did the 91 octane tune on the dyno first and then he threw in some E85 to do the E30 tune. So when he took it off of the dyno it was on the E30 tune. He told me to do a few rips around the area to see how I liked it, that's when I did that quick log. When I switch to the 91 octane tune, I'll run another log.

Here is my dyno sheet. My tune was done on a Mustang dyno so keep in mind that Mustang dyno numbers are approximately 15% lower than what you would see on a dynojet. The sold line (run #1) is my E30 tune and the dotted line (run #2) is the 91 octane tune. Jon also posted my dyno sheet on the 5150 Racing Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/5150.Racing.Dyno/

400+ WTQ (converted) on the E30! damnnnnnn.

jcruz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk8 Golf R
And since this is a comparison thread, here is an interesting comparison of the dyno runs on my car between my 5150 Racing 91 octane tune (red lines, run #1), the Cobb stage 3 OTS tune (black lines, run #2) and the MAP stage 1 91 octane tune (blue line, run #3). Once again, this is on a Mustang dyno so you have to add about 15% to get approximate dynojet numbers.

You are a legend! Thanks for this info. Your numbers look on point for a mustang. My car did 288whp/368wtq on a mustang after my 93oct protune.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
You are a legend! Thanks for this info. Your numbers look on point for a mustang. My car did 288whp/368wtq on a mustang after my 93oct protune.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
No problem man. I'm happy to return the favor. You are one of the people that helped me decide to go with a Cobb AP in the first place. Yup, looks like the numbers work out almost perfectly between 91 and 93 octane. I was told about 15 hp difference and our numbers are about 14hp apart. That's why I also wanted an E30 tune. My E30 tune is a beast! haha My poor stock clutch isn't going to last much longer. lol