GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbon chiptuning

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Update, the dealer called me yesterday and was very very polite and told me that this should just not happend and the other new turbo must have been broken in some way. and still not a word about tuning/software change. hehe this tells me THEY CAN NOT FIND A TUNED CAR.

So they fit a new turbo again and the car is probably finished tomorrow.

I'm a bit skeptical if this really is the problem?

I think I will trash the hell out of the car with stock tune first for a couple of weeks just to rule that out. If it holds up I tune it again and trash the hell out of it.

It must work with the tune othervise i'm going for the F30 BMW instead.

Nice pics:D:D

Yes, run it std first. TBH, I think the car is a lemon.

I think the remap makes such a massive improvement & I can see why you would want to get rid. I would suggest rejecting the car & get another GTD.

Rappy:cool:

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
F***K

I lost a ton of written text... and I will not write that part again I take it fast instead.

turbo 1 VW fail they addmitted

turbo 2 very mutch VW fail x2 they addmitted

they changed tone from have you tuned your car addmit it to WE ARE SORRY PLEASE DON'T BUY ANOTHER BRAND NEXT TIME!!

In the meantime before they addmitted they where them self to blame I just have dodged the Tuning talk and its a company car with policy - tune it and you loose it.

I spoke to Nick about everything and well just said "what now?"

Nick said no problem I understand your situation and I will refund the kit, just send it back and you will get your money back... WHAT A STANDUP GUY, I have never in my days meet a Company that offer refund themself for a used part, never!

If you are thinking of tuning your GTD, do it with Nick. skip all other Companys, there is nobody that does like that! But that was a deal just between us so I can not say anything about refund for any other, please keep that in mind. But I just needed to tell this story to show how good hearted this man is.

So now I drive my GTD stock as normal as i can and let the new turbo settling in and now after VW addmitted it was there faults I keep the tuning kit. After a week or so I tune it again and try to drive normal and let the tune settling in.

And I will stop do my high speed tests with the GTD.

Im right now setting up the Alpina from track day setup (Dont have time for track days) to high speed motorway setup instead and well let the Alpina use its V8 for higher speeds.

Its impossible to go back in HP/Nm you will always miss it.

If the car fails again I have a plan, but lets hope it over now.

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
That garage looks amazing, you could do an operation in there....not a tool in sight!

Its brand new, I have tons of tools in my old garage but I need to have more shelfs etc. hate having everything on the workbench or the floor.

But you see lite of my tool cabinet, it actually contains mostly what you need to work on a car.

I did build RX-8 track day cars and some BMW race cars in other garages :cool:
But dose days are over for a while.

Seems like i'm repeting myself I just read my own thread higher up. sorry for that.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
F***K

I lost a ton of written text... and I will not write that part again I take it fast instead.

turbo 1 VW fail they addmitted

turbo 2 very mutch VW fail x2 they addmitted

they changed tone from have you tuned your car addmit it to WE ARE SORRY PLEASE DON'T BUY ANOTHER BRAND NEXT TIME!!

In the meantime before they addmitted they where them self to blame I just have dodged the Tuning talk and its a company car with policy - tune it and you loose it.

I spoke to Nick about everything and well just said "what now?"

Nick said no problem I understand your situation and I will refund the kit, just send it back and you will get your money back... WHAT A STANDUP GUY, I have never in my days meet a Company that offer refund themself for a used part, never!

If you are thinking of tuning your GTD, do it with Nick. skip all other Companys, there is nobody that does like that! But that was a deal just between us so I can not say anything about refund for any other, please keep that in mind. But I just needed to tell this story to show how good hearted this man is.

So now I drive my GTD stock as normal as i can and let the new turbo settling in and now after VW addmitted it was there faults I keep the tuning kit. After a week or so I tune it again and try to drive normal and let the tune settling in.

And I will stop do my high speed tests with the GTD.

Im right now setting up the Alpina from track day setup (Dont have time for track days) to high speed motorway setup instead and well let the Alpina use its V8 for higher speeds.

Its impossible to go back in HP/Nm you will always miss it.

If the car fails again I have a plan, but lets hope it over now.

Yes, Nick is indeed a top bloke. With customer service his number 1.

So do I have it right. You are keeping your car running remapped or std?. Not 100% sure:confused:

But, you are returning the u flash & Nick is giving you a full refund?

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
No I just run it stock for a week and let the turbo settled in after that I tune it again so yes I keep the tuning kit and tune the car.

Yes Nick gived me the option to refund the kit and I was close to do so but then VW admitted it was theres fault both times.

First turbo was bearing problem and has been for a while but it crashed totally when I pushed with the tune at top speed.

Turbo no 2 where a nut loose from the beginning and it got completely loose and destroyed the turbo again when I pushed it but that would have happend anyway sooner or later Even at low speed.

Now turbo no 3 they did go over it completely and checked it so it was top notch this time and they changed some oil pipe that didnt look perfect.

So yes I will tune it and keep the kit.

If the car breaks again I will be furious and demand another GTD or money back for another car (BMW �� ) And never buy another VW and warn My coworkers from VW... I think that will do the trick ;-)

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Great, win,win. The remap is a peach & transforms a good car, into a great car:D.

TBH, I'm shocked they have not seen the remap.

Have you played with any other so called faster cars?

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
No its been at VW more then with me.

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
So yesterday i could not resist anymore, in goes the tune again (wish me all luck in the world now that nothing happens that is engine, turbo related).

Driving it slowly as i should do for a week was the plan? well humm is it tuned or I just must test one full pedal to the floor - ooh yes there it is... driving slow some more... getting bored more and more.

Find myself pushing in the individual bottom and steer my GTD to known "B roads" that is what you call smaller funnier roads for lower speed and and more handling? this stresses the engine and turbo atleast lesser then highway runs I think.

Today to work I putted in cruise control and do what the plan was, drive normal.

humm whats that? an brand new (as it looked) BMW X5 M550d... ooh push individual check... sneak up behind the BMW check! drive little too close to pick a fight... he is not falling for it. I go up and drive side by side for little to long and pushed the gas pedal.. no he is ignoring me. I letting off and do it again etc.. Well I really try but he didnt want to have a friendly match. He maybe took it for a Golf with around 180hp and didnt care.

He would destroyed me but I wanted to see how mutch?

Output: 280 kW/381 hp at 4,000 – 4,400 rpm,
Max. torque: 740 Nm (546 lb-ft) at 2,000 – 3 000 rpm

BUT 2-2,5 Ton of weight and aero like a house, it would have been interesting.

After that I drove it as planned...

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
Jepp trying but most ppl dont want to dance :-(

Ordered that gas pedal speed up from dtuk and tarox street performance brake pads as a welcome home present :)

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
Mitsubishi 3000gt (dont know what model it was) killed twice =)

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed
Funnies race ever... catched up an S60 T4 with Polestar tuning emblem on and full R design, black rims etc..

I killed him totally and slowed down and let him catch up, we drove up side by side and I see him screming and pointing fingers *what the f**ck this guy was 50-60 years old and acting like that for getting his ass kicked... He probably never lost before to a diesel Golf. I throwed some kisses to him to piss him off even more and kicked the pedal and he did the same... same outcome but he did not give up I had to go up to 240 km/h for a wile to shake him of... after that I slowed down and as soon as he saw me he slowed down even more and hide behind some other cars.

Best race ever!

After that I got my ass kicked by a BMW E60 545i but he jump started and only gave me one chance. =(

Last edited:

fastlane1

Passed Driver's Ed