GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can someone please confirm an OBDEleven function for me?

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I just replaced the intake manifold flap position sensor on my car. It now needs an adaptation to the ECM. I tried to do it with my OBDEleven, but my Android tablet got too old, and I can't update it, so I can't log in any more.
Before I spend money for a new Android device, can somebody please confirm that this function is in fact possible with OBDEleven? I know that it works with VCDS, but not 100% sure that it works with OBDEleven though.
I also have a Launch x431 Pro Mini scan tool that does programming and bidirectional control for ALL car makes, and it almost does everything, but for some reason, this is the ONE thing that it doesn't do. When I try to get into Guided functions, it says that I need a different model scanner. There are other adaptations that I can go directly to, but not the one for the manifold for some reason.

I need to go into the Engine Module > Basic Settings > Guided Functions > Group 142 (Intake manifold runner adaptation or something like that) > Activate basic setting

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Invest your money in a genuine VCDS cable.

When you no longer own a VW-group vehicle, resell it on eBay for the same amount you bought it for.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Invest your money in a genuine VCDS cable.

When you no longer own a VW-group vehicle, resell it on eBay for the same amount you bought it for.
I don't want to invest in the cable right now because I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the car much longer. I just ordered a car to replace the GTI, but actually thinking of keeping it for a track car. I'm still not sure.
I would really like to take care of this with OBDEleven if I could. Strange thing though. I took the car out after replacing the part and everything seems fine, even though all of the info I found, says I need to do an adaptation.
I'm not sure why, but I guess I shouldn't complain. I hooked up my Launch X431 Pro Mini and watched the signal, and it seems to sense the position of the intake flaps like it is supposed to.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I got it working, and discovered that it doesn't work. I need the real deal VCDS for this job :(

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I got it working, and discovered that it doesn't work. I need the real deal VCDS for this job :(
I know this is old, but did you find the setting in OBD11 or is this truly something that can only be done with VCDS? I installed a new sensor and it seems to have fixed my codes but I would like to be sure by doing the adaptation.