GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Camera Low to HIGH Retrofit Question

Justinas

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW GOLF MK7
Hi,
For reroofing Camera from Low to High with OEM stuff does it require to change camera or it just require to change harness? Does anyone knows?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hi,
For reroofing Camera from Low to High with OEM stuff does it require to change camera or it just require to change harness? Does anyone knows?
Both camera and harness need to be changed, different wiring and camera has more wires.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I saw there is also Mid cameras existing? How to know which you have ? Low or MID? and i saw this which is quite cheaper then change whole set.

https://www.carsystems.eu/vw-golf-7...lowline-camera-to-highline-camera,id3918.html
Not sure if there is a Mid camera, from what i know there are 2 cameras, simple one and the other with moving guidelines and different view modes.

Can you take picture of your camera? I can tell you if it's high or low.
Lowline camera should only have 5 wires, Highline Should have 7.

Justinas

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW GOLF MK7
Not sure if there is a Mid camera, from what i know there are 2 cameras, simple one and the other with moving guidelines and different view modes.

Can you take picture of your camera? I can tell you if it's high or low.
Lowline camera should only have 5 wires, Highline Should have 7.
Tomorrow i ll post but pretty sure that is low. But look at link that i posted, upgrade kit? So it doesnt need to reddo all cables in whole car i guess, but does it count as oem retrofit?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Tomorrow i ll post but pretty sure that is low. But look at link that i posted, upgrade kit? So it doesnt need to reddo all cables in whole car i guess, but does it count as oem retrofit?
I think you will need to redo wiring, there are 2 gateway wires that need to go all the way to the camera from the back of the MIB unit, and reverse signal is not needed anymore as the car gets it from gateway.

As for the camera, you can buy just the camera without the entire emblem and just replace the old one.