GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
In all seriousness, I really recommend just a stock GTI catback. Don't know if it fits for you alltrack guys, but it has tone, is cheap, and fits OEM.

erichhart

Passed Driver's Ed
what I was planning on doing was getting a blackwidow muffler. I wanted to see what tone it gives are cars. Trying a different route then Mangaflow and all the other major brands out there.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, thanks to Irma, I need some extra gas and couldn't find any without waiting an hour long line

the E85 lines were free to use.

Im going to purchase my Downpipe now. I just need to figure out my loud exhaust problem I will have with it.

Trying to source a turbo back instead

Catless downpipe and the stock golf catback is not that loud. A turbo back aftermarket will be louder. A catted downpipe will probably only have a slight more growl than stock. Wrapping the top section of the downpipe helps keep it quiet and not as tinny

erichhart

Passed Driver's Ed
Catless downpipe and the stock golf catback is not that loud. A turbo back aftermarket will be louder. A catted downpipe will probably only have a slight more growl than stock. Wrapping the top section of the downpipe helps keep it quiet and not as tinny

well I have my MUF/RES deleted and i wanted to go catless, How loud would I be 3" to 2.25" straight piped

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
well I have my MUF/RES deleted and i wanted to go catless, How loud would I be 3" to 2.25" straight piped

Lol are you kidding me it would be race car loud and require ear plugs for sure! You'd probably get pulled over pretty fast by a cop depending on where you live.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
In all seriousness, I really recommend just a stock GTI catback. Don't know if it fits for you alltrack guys, but it has tone, is cheap, and fits OEM.

I did GTI catback plus catless downpipe AND welded in a second resonator behind the triangle one to get rid of the ricer Honda sound it created. Sounds like that deep Audi rumble now.

erichhart

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol are you kidding me it would be race car loud and require ear plugs for sure! You'd probably get pulled over pretty fast by a cop depending on where you live.

Yeah I was just currious how much louder it would be vs full 3"

LOL I Live with a cop. My old man has been a cop for 25+ years. The first time he saw my Truck slammed I felt like he wanted to put me in jail.

Now here I am wanting to go fast and loud.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I was just currious how much louder it would be vs full 3"

LOL I Live with a cop. My old man has been a cop for 25+ years. The first time he saw my Truck slammed I felt like he wanted to put me in jail.

Now here I am wanting to go fast and loud.

No cat plus no resonator or muffler is really loud. There's no restriction at all in that setup. It'll be close to open headers.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Guys has anybody taken the time to maybe do a geared speed comparison of the Auto vs Manual Golf vs GTI etc. Been seeing the quarter mile times and it will give decent info.

Reason I am saying this is we ran a IS20 Polo GTI today that has the 7Speed DSG. Previous best the car ran was 12.4 and we got it down to 12.1 now and its not really balls to the wall tune wise. Car has no flash.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Guys has anybody taken the time to maybe do a geared speed comparison of the Auto vs Manual Golf vs GTI etc. Been seeing the quarter mile times and it will give decent info.

Reason I am saying this is we ran a IS20 Polo GTI today that has the 7Speed DSG. Previous best the car ran was 12.4 and we got it down to 12.1 now and its not really balls to the wall tune wise. Car has no flash.

I know with the golf auto, I shift into fourth in the low 90's at a little over 6,000 rpms. Second gear has to shift to third before 60. Maybe 53-54 mph. I know the manual takes third to over 105 mph. Ironshade should be able to answer that.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I've got a giant excel spreadsheet for all of this and many more cars. it's how TwinDad and I first started arguing XD. I'll go by speed at 6800rpm (the fuel cutoff I think) and corresponding RPM at the beginning of the next gear. I'll be assuming 830 revolutions per mile for the tires (mine are 823 personally).

5mt (it's pretty tragic, and I have been on and off looking into what it would take to do a swap with a mk6 GTI's 6mt as a result. Great for driving around town though!):
1st: 38.4 mph
2nd: 3814 rpm - 68.4 mph
3rd: 4074 rpm - 114.2 mph
4th: 4605 rpm - 168.6 mph
5th: 5219 rpm - 219.7 mph

6at (I've seen two sets of final drive ratios and I'm not sure which set is right, but TwinDad and I found 3.23 to be correct for him):
1st: 34.1 mph
2nd: 3827 rpm - 60.6 mph
3rd: 4226 rpm - 97.6 mph
4th: 4969 rpm - 133.5 mph
5th: 5070 rpm - 179.0 mph
6th: 5360 rpm - 227.1 mph

alt 6at (These seem to roughly match my mk6's 6at, so maybe they are correct for some cars. It is the 3.87 final drive version of the above):
1st: 28.4 mph
2nd: 3827 rpm - 50.5 mph
3rd: 4226 rpm - 81.3 mph
4th: 4969 rpm - 111.3 mph
5th: 5070 rpm - 149.3 mph
6th: 5360 rpm - 189.4 mph

I'm curious which of the 6at's are correct for which people. It'd be interesting to know if there really are two final drives floating around out there for automatic mk7 golfs.

Last edited:

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
One vote for 3.23! :p