GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bump stops - To trim or not to trim

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I have an issue with my car ( fitted with Eibach Spotlines) suffering from severe positive rake.
The rear sits 10mm higher than the front. I would like to have rear lower by around 5mm.
I have always assumed that if the car is not sitting on the bumpstops, it will not atler the ride height in any form.
Since i am not keen on cutting the spring to achieve a further 5mm lowering in the rear, would it be a worthwhile exercise to trim the bumsptop?
I know this is a year old but....yes b/c at some point you have no positive travel and will just be on the bump stop which is a v. high rate spring...its why the cut spring Civic crew looks like they are bouncing down the street.

Reactions: CS!

CS!

Passed Driver's Ed
I know this is a year old but....yes b/c at some point you have no positive travel and will just be on the bump stop which is a v. high rate spring...its why the cut spring Civic crew looks like they are bouncing down the street.
I cut off the bottom bit with the ring attached to it. It didn't lower the rear at all, but ride comfort is MUCH improved.