GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bricked ECU

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
So I tried flashing my 2016 Golf R from Eurodyne Stage 2 93 octane to Eurodyne stage 2 91 octane tonight. It all looked good, flash finished successfully. Tried to start my car and no go. Ignition comes on but no crank. I then tried re-flashing but the Powertap would not connect. I tried disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes still no go. I then scanned the car with VAGCOM and there is no communication with the ECU. Tons of fault codes.

So long story short, I have heard other people have had this happen and Chris was able to recover the ECU. Does anyone know the process? Have to send my ECU in? I emailed Eurodyne, but they usually take a couple days to reply to me, and it's now the weekend.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Damn that sucks man. I have no clue but I imagine you'll have to ship it to him

dekroon

sounds like you depleted the battery while flashing. probably need to put the battery on a charger. these cars can drain a battery very quickly with just the ignition on. Its always a good idea to have a battery maintainer or charger hooked up while flashing. If the ECU drops below a certain voltage >12v you run the risk of bricking.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Battery was fine, I think it was a fluke. I'm sending it in tomorrow morning.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Hope you are able to get it fixed quickly!

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I sent the ECU back to Eurodyne yesterday, they should have received it this morning except the shipping company claimed the address was incorrect. I feel like they saw the sign for Tapp Auto on the building and didn't try and deliver it. Hopefully tomorrow they will receive it. Chris has been awesome for keeping in contact so far.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Well that's great to hear he's been helping out and super communicative.

SnowyLCR

Ready to race!
Just chill, he'll send it back tomorrow and work around the clock to get it fixed for you. Despite his lack of presence at forums, Facebook etc he really gets hand down when a client have issues. Such as bricked tcu / ecu. Ask me how I know...

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Hope it all works out for you, report back what the cause or fix was if he lets you know.

Grizz

Car(s)
2021 GTI
Hey I was wondering if when you sent it to them if they were able to fix it? Mine was just bricked on my 21 GTI I wasn't sure if they were recoverable I sent it to Cobb tho I guess we'll see