GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake light bulb

Markc

Passed Driver's Ed
Just spoke to a very helpful Smith Knignt Fay Stockport who called me back after doing some investigating regarding the led back lights

They say its not a straight swap and no retro fit kit is available as of yet :(

looks like ill have to think of something else for my christmas stocking :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
did they state why they cant, dont see any reason why they cant really. looks stright forward and even the ebay seller stated they can be fitted to any mk7 golf at all without adaptors or code errors, dont see why he would say this because then the buyer doesnt have to keep them.

Markc

Passed Driver's Ed
did they state why they cant, dont see any reason why they cant really. looks stright forward and even the ebay seller stated they can be fitted to any mk7 golf at all without adaptors or code errors, dont see why he would say this because then the buyer doesnt have to keep them.

Yeah i thought the same ,

he seemed very helpful and said he's spoken to VW UK to confirm

A retro pack will be available in time but nobody knows when :confused:

JohnV1

Ready to race!
I've already asked the question. These guys will do professional VW/Audi retro fits using genuine parts. Even though rear-LED clusters aren't listed yet for Mk7/5Q model, it's there if you ask them. Same units as used on GTD/GTi:

http://www.hazzydayz.com/golf-5k---2009-2013---mk6-37-c.asp

Hope everyone's got deep pockets. You'd be looking at around £690 a pair with VAT. If it requires a different central electrics module then you're looking at closer to £1050.

If you buy it off Ebay, no guarantee they'll work without an C.E. module upgrade. I wouldn't even begin to know how to fiddle with one of those.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Thanks John - way too rich for my pockets, I'll stick to the OEM gas-lamps on mine.

JohnV1

Ready to race!
No worries, Rob & Mark.

Anyone's quite welcome to mail Gareth Hawkridge at HazzyDayz hazzydayz@gmail.com and ask for a fresh quote. The quote I'd obtained was from last April 2013 just after my GT order went in.

To be honest, after seeing the design of the standard Mk7 incandescent units, I think they actually look really nice. The GTD/GTi units still use the individual LED's on their design whereas the latest Audi A5 rear LED's are the really cool units. They've integrated the red polycarbonates with the LED's beneath them, so they look like continuous colours rather than separate "dots".

http://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a5/a5-coupe.html

JCJ

Ready to race!
I have a Mk7 GT on order with Bi-Xenon Headlights and LED DRLs. I'm looking forward to great headlights to illuminate the roads as I live in a rural area and I work in a rural area and so travel daily throughout unlit country lanes in and around Devon and Cornwall. If I have ordered these Bi-Xenons and LED DRLs, does that mean I will have LED rear lights?

Also, my current MK6 has one pathetic reversing light which is of little use when reversing along country lanes in the dark.

Parking sensors front and rear are a help and my new GT will also have a rear view camera, however it would still be nice to see the road behind when I reverse. It is no fun reversing in pitch darkness, often for several hundred yards when I meet a tractor and trailer or large commercial vehicles etc that can't really reverse. Daytime no problem, night time is a guessing game. Can anyone tell me what the reversing lights are like? Are there two of them or one rubbish one like on my MK6?

JCJ

Ready to race!
Is my 2014 MK7 GT with Bi-Xenon's and LED DRLs likely to have these type of LED rear lights shown in this YouTube clip?

dadu

Ready to race!
No, those are extra. From what I've seen, only one LED for reversing is working and it's not as good as I would expect from a LED but maybe we'll be able to activate the second one (if it's there).

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Both reversing lights work on UK cars.

( Sorry mis-read i was talking non LED rear lights )

Last edited: