GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boot unlock button on key fob

snailmeat

Ready to race!
This might be a silly question but I'm not quite sure what this does?

When I press it, I hear an unlocking sound, but I still need to lift the hatch emblem to open the boot?

This is rather pointless as the boot will unlock anyway when I lift the hatch emblem.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

corfyboy

Passed Driver's Ed
If It's on passat it will open the boot up if you just walk near it. it will unlock it only if you press the button it will open it hope you get what I mean but seeing as we're on a golf forum I take it a golf ha I've only seen this function on a passat cc possibly the same on golf

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Just unlocks the boot while the doors remain locked, just there for convenience.

Ryan2

Passed Driver's Ed
Just unlocks the boot while the doors remain locked, just there for convenience.

Indeed. In the event you want to load your groceries before someone jumps in the passenger seat.

corfyboy

Passed Driver's Ed
Is it not ment to do that by just walking near it I know on normal locking that's what it does but on kessy system I think they work different has you have to put your hand behind the handle for it to open the doors

Fanis1

Ready to race!
Also, if you press and hold the button, the boot releases and pops a bit so you can open it from the bottom, no need to use the emblem!!

Ryan2

Passed Driver's Ed
Well after you unlock it, ya.

snailmeat

Ready to race!
I don't need to unlock either the doors or the boot in order to access the boot. I just lift the hatch emblem. Which is what got me thinking that the unlock button on the fob seems to be redundant.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ryan2

Passed Driver's Ed
That does seem redundant

Evil Dan

Ready to race!
That does seem redundant

Ultimately it makes no sense to VW to be making multiple keys.

However I can think of a scenario where a passenger wants to access the boot. The button means I don't have to wander round to the back of the car too and use the keyless entry.