GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boldsport rear LED footwell light install

B95zP

Ready to race!
Lights I bought.

Posi-taps for power.

Tesa tape.

They arrived, rear door warning lights should go in this weekend.

Testing the connection, turns out the bulbs can be put in backwards. Connecting both lights in a chain to the passenger was suggested by Bold-sport, however I've seen installs where each side is run to the corresponding front footwell. In this instance since the kit came pre-wired I had no desire to mess with it.

Here you can sorta see where I tapped into the front passenger footwell for power. Tesa tape wrapped around the harness to protect and assist with tucking under body panels. I went along the passenger door sill. About 2" of wire is visible where it goes under the seat rail as I was reluctant to pull up the sill to run the wires under carpet.

Here is where the light housings go. I did have to cut a little foam out to make room.

Running the wire up under the passenger seat rail, under the center console and along the backside. Wire was tucked under after this pic.

It works! Their function follow the same principles as other interior lights. Since the lights are connected to passenger front footwell light they can be dimmed along with the rest of the interior accent lighting.

Last edited:

B95zP

Ready to race!
looks good...
where did you tap for the power and are this always on or will on/off by opening/closing on the doors?

Front passenger, you can see it dangling in one of the pics. Same as the rest of the interior lights.

B95zP

Ready to race!
Shipping out from Hong Kong. How long did it take to get yours

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Around 2 weeks.

any pictures from far enough away to see how bright they are at night for passengers?

Negative, but they're not that bright. The DeAutoKey front footwell lights definitely put out more lumens. If visibility is important white bulbs would be a wiser choice, but then I very rarely have rear seat passengers. This was done more for fun

However the rear door warning lights will add a fair bit more light.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Around 2 weeks.

Negative, but they're not that bright. The DeAutoKey front footwell lights definitely put out more lumens. If visibility is important white bulbs would be a wiser choice, but then I very rarely have rear seat passengers. This was done more for fun

However the rear door warning lights will add a fair bit more light.

Hi, we have the footwell setup - do you mind if we use this DIY in our listing? It will be similar pricing, if anyone is interested you can contact us Support@deAutoLED.com

Great write-up.

B95zP

Ready to race!
Hi, we have the footwell setup - do you mind if we use this DIY in our listing? It will be similar pricing, if anyone is interested you can contact us Support@deAutoLED.com

Great write-up.

Wait...what?? I go to your site first for LED stuff, and when I didn't see asked on your Facebook page. Heck I even asked about you making door warning light kits.