GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB Stage 1 Released for 7R and S3 application

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Hello this is my first post here!
Im from Europe and my car is a Seat Leon Cupra 5f 280 hp
I wonder if Jb1 fits my car? Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum as a poster.

Our test car runs the 280hp version of the EA888 Gen 3 so the unit is compatible and you will be able to add a bit more boost due to torque restriction in the Cupra version which has .1bar less boost in the mid range.

jrm

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for your answer!

I have a 3" downpipe with HJS Cat.
I would like to drive with Race fuel, what kind of settings would you recomand for that?
I want the car to be as strong as possible nearby the "red line" I drive 50 km/h to 250 km/h+ when I drive events i Sweden.
What kind of Race fuel would you recomand?

Thank you!

Last edited:

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for your answer!

I have a 3" downpipe with HJS Cat.
I would like to drive with Race fuel, what kind of settings would you recomand for that?
And the best possible settings for 98 octan?
I want the car to be as strong as possible nearby the "red line" when I drive 50 km/h to 250 km/h+ when I drive events i Sweden.
What kind of Race feul would you recomand?

Thank you!

On the 98 octane you can run a +5.25 - 5.50 setting.

What fuels do you have available in Sweden and is Ethanol available?

jrm

Passed Driver's Ed
We have 98+oktan from shell, statoil, q8 and E85 :)
Is it possible to get a racefuel map later (stage2)
Thanks

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
We have 98+oktan from shell, statoil, q8 and E85 :)
Is it possible to get a racefuel map later (stage2)
Thanks

If you mix E85 30% with the 98 70% you can go up to +6.5psi. This will give you the most output.
Map 2 on the unit is under development and it has more boost at higher rpm. We still testing the limitations of this and adjusting the map accordingly. When it is finalized you will be able to update your unit free of charge using the Data Cable.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
George, my buddy ran into a misfiring issue using 100% gasoline with his JB4 on a 335is. Will this type of fuel negatively affect this box?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
So does JB1 make the most power compared with other PnP options? I'm waiting on some user numbers/reviews before I pull the trigger.

Here is a sheet from a dyno day hosted by Oettinger that one of our beta testers attended. The cars had the same mods although its unsure what turbo the higher powered Oettinger car was running.
In blue circle is the JB car.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
George, my buddy ran into a misfiring issue using 100% gasoline with his JB4 on a 335is. Will this type of fuel negatively affect this box?

The JB Stage 1 works in a different manner to the JB4. There is a boost setting compatible to any fuel used.
The JB4 is rather complex if you want to maximize the power and logging and emailing the logs to Burger may be required if its acting up.

jrm

Passed Driver's Ed
If you mix E85 30% with the 98 70% you can go up to +6.5psi. This will give you the most output.
Map 2 on the unit is under development and it has more boost at higher rpm. We still testing the limitations of this and adjusting the map accordingly. When it is finalized you will be able to update your unit free of charge using the Data Cable.

Thank you for your information!

Your recommendation is to mix 30% E85 and 70% 98 Octan instead of using Racefuel VP 109 Octan or Sunoco104 Octan to get the most boost/PSI ?

I never heard that it was possible to mix E85 and 98 Octan with this engine (Cupra 5F same engine as Audi S3 and Golf MK7R)
Absolutly the most economic alternativ!:)
Can I use that mix all time or could it be a problem with the engine?

Thank's

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Thank you for your information!

Your recommendation is to mix 30% E85 and 70% 98 Octan instead of using Racefuel VP 109 Octan or Sunoco104 Octan to get the most boost/PSI ?

I never heard that it was possible to mix E85 and 98 Octan with this engine (Cupra 5F same engine as Audi S3 and Golf MK7R)
Absolutly the most economic alternativ!:)
Can I use that mix all time or could it be a problem with the engine?

Thank's

Myself and a beta tester have been using it on our R's for months. The 104 Suncoco will also work well. The VP109 is too much octane for the stock timing curve and also causes some irregularity with the fueling due to the oxygenation.
You might want to lower the ethanol in the winter if it gives you problems starting in the extreme cold.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
We got a nice dyno from a customer local to me.
Before is with DP and intake alone.
After is with DP, intake and VMR catback. 60whp delta and nearly identical to our advertised graph.

Last edited:

jrm

Passed Driver's Ed
We got a nice dyno from a customer local to me.
Before is with DP and intake alone.
After is with DP, intake and VMR catback. 60whp delta and nearly identical to our advertised graph.

Is this an Golf R? What kind of fuel do he or she use, and setting.

I would like to order this JB1 unit, how long does the delevery to Stockholm in Sweden take?
Right now I'm on holiday in Spain, I will be home again the 6 of August!
The most importent for me is that the TD1 flag dosent show!! Because I got warranty until November 2017

Last edited:

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Is this an Golf R? What kind of fuel do he or she use, and setting.

I would like to order this JB1 unit, how long does the delevery to Stockholm in Sweden take?
Right now I'm on holiday in Spain, I will be home again the 6 of August!
The most importent for me is that the TD1 flag dosent show!! Because I got warranty until November 2017

Its on a Golf R. The unit is TD1 safe as long as you follow the install removal instructions.
You can order the unit here http://www.burgertuning.com/jb_vw_stage_1_tuner.html There are a few shipping options with various couriers you can choose.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
The same customer of the dyno sheet posted (I think he is phumz on the forum) hit the track tonight. There was no track prep and its at a 5600ft elevation. On OEM street tires and with the same setup he dynod he managed to run a 12.2sec quarter mile which is a R/S3 Friday night record. Well done phumz.