GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit Review

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Packaging said progressive, but eibach reps weighed in on a thread and confirmed linear for 3 series.

maybe they try and save money on packaging.

Yup....the Eibach boxes say "progressive springs" on the front, but Eibach has some linear kits (like for the CC & Tiguan, for example)

Very confusing to people who don't know

Luvs2speed

Ready to race!
OP - did you get to see what the springs looked liked prior to installation?

I did, the box and paperwork both stated progressive, but they are the linear springs.

Got aligned and also stopped all rubbing. The fender screw mod would have done it had my bumper not been tweaked previously. IDK if the previous owner had it off at some point or what, but there is a small metal tab where the bumper meets the fender that was pushed in. That is where I was hitting. Tapped it back out to match the other side and I am rub free. 245 at a 45 offset should not cause any issues with the fender screw mod and a moderate drop. All smiles now.

I will try and post the alignment printout this afternoon.

monkey_luck

Passed Driver's Ed
I have ordered Eibach E10-15-021-02-22 Performance Pro-Kit Springs which is the European pro-kit springs. I ordered them from amazon.de and they ship to the USA and the cost was less than $160 shipped and that includes all the fees. I will let you know when they come and verify they are linear springs. I could not believe how much cheaper they are than the US progressive springs.

Jeremy

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
I have ordered Eibach E10-15-021-02-22 Performance Pro-Kit Springs which is the European pro-kit springs. I ordered them from amazon.de and they ship to the USA and the cost was less than $160 shipped and that includes all the fees. I will let you know when they come and verify they are linear springs. I could not believe how much cheaper they are than the US progressive springs.

Jeremy
Thanks for the info dude! Just placed an order myself, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI

Jeremy

Yeap, ordered some myself. Should be here April 7th is what it says.

And to think... I was gonna hold of on modding this car for a bit...

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
I am planning on purchasing the Blistein B8 struts/shocks for my car. I was going to use my ED springs, but would if be better to purchase the Eibach springs?

Aren't the ED springs linear as well? If so, the main difference is the amount of lowering.
Eibach Pro provide a milder lowering, while Eibach Sportline lower more. Perhaps ED springs
could even be the same as (Euro) Eibach Sportline. Another point to consider, Bilsteins use
to raise the car a bit due to the bigger piston area of its high-pressure monotube design.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Aren't the ED springs linear as well? If so, the main difference is the amount of lowering.
Eibach Pro provide a milder lowering, while Eibach Sportline lower more. Perhaps ED springs
could even be the same as (Euro) Eibach Sportline. Another point to consider, Bilsteins use
to raise the car a bit due to the bigger piston area of its high-pressure monotube design.

Yeah, it's hard to figure out. I'll stick with springs that match with the struts/shocks. I just ordered the Eibach E10-15-021-02-22 springs from Amazon.de, and I'm going to be getting the Bilsteins in April. I'm excited about my homemade B12 kit and thank the OP for this thread!

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
I received the Eibach springs from Amazon.de and they are linear.

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
I received the Eibach springs from Amazon.de and they are linear.

You install these yet? Any pics? I got mine the other week and will need to find some time to get them on there. Still not sure whether or not to go with b8's and be done with the whole thing.

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
You install these yet? Any pics? I got mine the other week and will need to find some time to get them on there. Still not sure whether or not to go with b8's and be done with the whole thing.

Highly recommend the B8's, especially if you're paying someone to do the install.

If you cannot decide between Bilstein B8 and retaining stock dampers I'd suggest to
consider Koni Str.t dampers. 85 % of Bilstein quality for 50 % (or so) of the money.