GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI Stage 3 issues

ashiun

Ready to race!
What a shitfest lol

Still nothing. Turns out I cant submit a complaint to the BBB because I bought the clutch over a year ago.

so, in essence, Black Forest Industries STILL has the clutch kit, promised a refund, never came through, claims they sent the check to washington (I have never been to, lived in, submitted an adress or ever mentioned washington), still no check.

This debacle has cost me:
1K for the kit
660 euros for the install
120 dollars for the bleeder block they recommended
40 dollars for the brake fluid they recommended
660 euros to get the clutch kit back out of the car
800 euros for the sachs clutch kit
80 euros for the special release bearing

the clutch swap ended up costing me 3360.

They still have the clutch kit, they still have not refunded me the money. I will never do buisness with them ever again, and i will never recomend them to anyone.

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
Horrible read. sorry for the whole thing. This was not a shining example of customer service on bfi or the manufacturers part. if you throw the oh I didn't make this i just sell it act, you need to be the first person to defend and represent your vendors. you're a middleman. your job is to make the communication easy and painless. job not well done.

paying for it in the end is not the point here. a refund is basic. hope it comes soon! sre for the win if I ever go stage 3. I'm sure you'll get your money

oh and it's funny someone with a company called BLACK FOREST industries is having an issue dealing with a customer in germany.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Horrible read. sorry for the whole thing. This was not a shining example of customer service on bfi or the manufacturers part. if you throw the oh I didn't make this i just sell it act, you need to be the first person to defend and represent your vendors. you're a middleman. your job is to make the communication easy and painless. job not well done.

paying for it in the end is not the point here. a refund is basic. hope it comes soon! sre for the win if I ever go stage 3. I'm sure you'll get your money

oh and it's funny someone with a company called BLACK FOREST industries is saying there's an issue dealing with a customer cause of being in germany. ironic

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Pretty disappointing customer service regardless, but don't forget it was found to be an installation error that caused his issues, something that happened in Germany thousands of miles from BFI & CM. Being an issues completely out of there hands they still offered a refund. Now if they ever make good on their word is another story

airjor13

Ready to race!
Think you had a serious install problem, I am running this kit and it’s awesome, heavy clutch effort but engagement is nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rr1santos

Ready to race!
I'm sorry to hear this still hasn't been resolved..i'm going on 15k on bfi stg3 with no issues. i've actually been in recent contact with Trevor and Daniel who are fairly active in the MQB FB group inquiring about their stage 1 and 2 engine/trans mounts

hopefully it gets resolved for you bro.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Congratulations. Been a long time coming. I switched to a raceseng shift knob from a bfi knob just bc of this thread lol.

which! i have had 2 of them and love them both. Currently using the circuit series

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
It seems that this thread keeps getting linked to as the see all be all, in regards to our clutch kit and our customer service, in which this is only one person's experience.

The break down of this:

Customer lives in Germany, ordered our Stage 3 clutch and had it installed by a third-party. Our Stage 3 disc is made of ceramic. More on that later.

Customer started to have issues after 10k miles of driving and only after long drives.

It is rather hard to diagnose a clutch when you're on a different continent, time zone, and relying on the fact that you're trying to do everything possible to fix it without having to remove the transmission as this will cost the customer money.

After attempts to fix it without removing the transmission became futile, we offered to send another clutch kit to the customer. He choose to go another route and install a Sachs.

We said to ship it back and will warranty it if there was any defect.

We receive the clutch and did an initial review of the clutch and explain our thoughts of what it might be in this thread.

We sent it to Competition Clutch and waited for a response from them. This is what took the longest of the process.

It was deemed install and user error as the clutch didn't have lube on the splines as instructed. The other issue is with a ceramic clutch, material and deposits can become stuck onto the flywheel if the disc is overheated. This happens when you drag the clutch over time, and is the case here.

Even though it was Install and driver error, we refunded the customer.

We have sold near 1000 clutches, and have many satisfied and repeat customers who can get 50k+ miles depending on how they drive.

The problem with clutches, is that they are a wear item, and can last minutes, or years depending on the driver, power, and installation practices.

If you have any further questions about our clutches or customer service, please message me here, or on Facebook as my name on there is Garetto Congello, and I'll be more than happy to talk with you.