GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best product for keeping the inside of the windshield fog free?

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I have no problems with my car, but the wife's Tiguan is just constantly foggy no matter how much I clean it. Using the defrosters doesn't help either. I've heard of people using exterior glass sealants on the inside, but does anyone have any specific products to recommend?

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I had the same problem with my Tiguan and a Suzuki SX4, that one will fog the side windows as well. Leave the AC on, even in winter, that prevent it. That will dry the air in the cabin. As a detailer I have used Optimum Opti-Seal and Adams Brilliant Glaze. They do help preventing fogging, but not a miracle compound.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
You shouldn't need anything on the inside if the screen is clean and you leave the AC/climate control on permanently.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
You shouldn't need anything on the inside if the screen is clean and you leave the AC/climate control on permanently.

She weighs like 120 and is anemic and therefor always freezing. She has the heat blasting from September to May.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Every year i do the following:
Take 3 clean MF towels.
1 towel, dry with no product applied, wipe down all the windows.
1 towel with isopropyl alcohol, wipe down all the windows.
1 towel with preferred glass cleaner and wipe down all the windows.

The reason is the plastics off-gas and it has nowhere to go besides the windows. So the first towel wipes off or pushes all that off-gas to the edges of the windows. The second towel cleans the window from any leftover contaminants. The third towel is what gives you the streak free clean and leaves the windows clean and clear with no fogging issues.

I like to do this once or twice a year. It takes some time, but the results are worth it especially in the mornings or at night.