GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best polish for ref

gchen6850

Ready to race!
hmm good point...lasting shine, seal of paintwork etc etc I guess...

you're not looking for a polish then, you're thinking of a LSP (last step product) such as wax or sealant. a polish is a mild abrasive used for perfecting paintwork and correction of minor swirls/scratches in the paint.

I recommend wolfgang deep gloss sealant and/or collinite insulator wax.

or if you have the money, the carpro hydro2 and reload spray sealants are pretty awesome as well!

I personally stick to maintaining a layer of sealant topped with a layer of wax

D'Squared

you're not looking for a polish then, you're thinking of a LSP (last step product) such as wax or sealant. a polish is a mild abrasive used for perfecting paintwork and correction of minor swirls/scratches in the paint.

I recommend wolfgang deep gloss sealant and/or collinite insulator wax.

or if you have the money, the carpro hydro2 and reload spray sealants are pretty awesome as well!

I personally stick to maintaining a layer of sealant topped with a layer of wax

what do you use? is your car red?

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
There are some claimed "all in one" products lately that claim light polishing capabilities and a sealant. I have no experience with any of them though. As mentioned, a polish is an abrasive meant to remove or diminish paint defects. A sealant would provide the protection. I would go for the CarPro ones mentioned myself, butyou have lots of options these days. Just do a little research and you'll be fine.

Jersey UG MKV

Plastidipping Fool
I would do a light polish after claying any new car as they are in need right off the lot.

Being red or not is really relevant.

My reccomendation would be a product like Sonax perfect finish to polish and bring out the gloss while removing any minor imperfections the dealer or manufacturing process left you. Then finish with a sealant. I like carpro reload alot.

Last edited:

Billy Baldone1

Ready to race!
On all of my customer cars that don't opt for a ceramic coating, I use Sonax Polymer Net Shield. Or Shine Supply Daddy O. Yes there are All in One products that actually work, and work very well. I use menzerna 3 in 1. It has phenomenal correcting abilities, and leaves a solid 4-6 months protection.

waltzyy

Ready to race!
On a new car I would do the following,

1) Prep wash the car
2) Clay Bar to eliminate all contaminates in the paint work
3) I would suggest a 1 step polish considering the paintwork already is in good condition
4) Sealant
5) Wax

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
On all of my customer cars that don't opt for a ceramic coating, I use Sonax Polymer Net Shield. Or Shine Supply Daddy O. Yes there are All in One products that actually work, and work very well. I use menzerna 3 in 1. It has phenomenal correcting abilities, and leaves a solid 4-6 months protection.
I have always been curious of the Menzerna 3 in 1. I figured if I ever did get an all-in-one product to try that would be it.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
On a new car I would do the following,

1) Prep wash the car
2) Clay Bar to eliminate all contaminates in the paint work
3) I would suggest a 1 step polish considering the paintwork already is in good condition
4) Sealant
5) Wax
My car, and many others with our vehicles, have needed a 2-step correction right out of the gate. I would plan and budget for a 2-step, and hope that it needs just one.

Billy Baldone1

Ready to race!
I have always been curious of the Menzerna 3 in 1. I figured if I ever did get an all-in-one product to try that would be it.
Let me tell you something, I was blown away by the correcting ability of this product. 95% of car owners are happy with a drive through car wash with a guy drying at the end. I try to cater to the other 5%. These customers are in awe with what the 3 in 1 can accomplish in a 4 hour detail. You mention in your post some cars need a 2 step..... Maybe. The right detailer with the right products can often get the job done with 1 step.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Let me tell you something, I was blown away by the correcting ability of this product. 95% of car owners are happy with a drive through car wash with a guy drying at the end. I try to cater to the other 5%. These customers are in awe with what the 3 in 1 can accomplish in a 4 hour detail. You mention in your post some cars need a 2 step..... Maybe. The right detailer with the right products can often get the job done with 1 step.
I will certainly be getting a bottle to try out, thank you. Certainly for someone like yourself who does it for a living finds a lot of value in a good all-in-one. Time saved is money made and a happy customer to boot. Win-win!

The installer of my coating almost stopped at one step, but apparently there were 4 scratches he didn't get on the first step, so technically only a few areas got the second step. He was using 3M products that much I do know.

gchen6850

Ready to race!
what do you use? is your car red?

my car is CSG, but like others have said, the color doesn't REALLY matter, although there may be arguments for being pickier about products for darker colored paints. Generally red and other lighter paint colors will do fine with anything.

My car currently has Hydro2 topped with Collinite Insulator. But I am about to try out cQuartz UK. Its definitely a more advanced product though and for beginners/ease I would probably recommend Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant if you only want to buy a single last step product.

Would also recommend some sort of paint correction since dealers tend to not properly treat the paint. I guess it ultimately depends how picky you are about the gloss/condition of the paint before protection so if you like the way the paint looks now, then just a proper sealant would be good.

I've also never had experience with all in one products so can't speak for the Menzerna being recommended. However, for a starting/solo product, I can definitely see the appeal in just having a single step correction/protection.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
what would be considered a 1step polish? I have a bottle of chemical guys vss that I haven't opened yet. just got a harbor freight dual action polisher and lake country pads (yellow, orange, pink, white, black, red) as a birthday gift from my girlfriend..