GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bar-Tech Tuning oil cooler

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Bump, I inquired with them as well and was told the part number was Mahle OC295, trying to find an equivalent that's cheaper (without a nut on top) but not sure which yet. Probably easier to just find one in a store and test them out.
Order MANN 712152, looks just like the Mahle OC295.

Last edited:

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Nice! I love seeing the effort!

How many rows on the oil cooler? Is their plate thermo sandwich or pressure based?
I believe the engine oil cooler is a 19 row. Not sure if the what principle the sandwich plate operates by. I did a oil and DSG service at the same time. While idling the car on jack stands to wait for the DSG fluid to hit 35 degrees C, the engine radiator become hot quickly. However, the DSG radiator took forever to warm up just a little.

Last edited:

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I believe the engine oil cooler is a 19 row. Not sure if the what principle the sandwich plate operates by. I did a oil and DSG service at the same time. While idling the car on jack stands to wait for the DSG fluid to hit 35 degrees C, the engine radiator become hot quickly. However, the DSG radiator took forever to warm up just a little.
Yeah to get my dsg to temp and keep it at temp long enough to drain and fill properly it takes about 20 mins of driving with constant shifting. It doesn't heat up unless it's turning, and if sitting on stands idling, you'd have to have your wheels rolling to heat it up, which isn't quite safe...

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Oil temp not getting high enough during normal commutes. The very highest oil temp I see is 200f. Do I need to see at least 212f to start boiling off any condensation trapped in the oil?

On the flip side, max oil temp at Daytona and Sebring is 240f. No more backing off the throttle at 270f.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Oil temp not getting high enough during normal commutes. The very highest oil temp I see is 200f. Do I need to see at least 212f to start boiling off any condensation trapped in the oil?

On the flip side, max oil temp at Daytona and Sebring is 240f. No more backing off the throttle at 270f.
The oil is hotter in the motor than at the sensor (in the pan). It goes from the the stock cooler to the filter (to your cooler), from there to the pan. So you're reading it mostly post-cooling before the pump picks it up to send into the rotating assembly. If you're running a catch can, the water you'll catch is evaporation that escapes via blow-by.

That said, if it doesn't reach 212F outside, how does rain evaporate?

tmbzip

Ready to race!
The V2 kit comes with a thermostatic sandwhich plate although it doesn't say it in the title, can email them to confirm this is still the case.

tmbzip

Ready to race!
It comes with univresal L shaped brackets but they're honestly kinda small, you'll need to use your own.