GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE Track for Touring swap.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Anyone running the touring with a downpipe? I'm wondering if that is the perfect solution on noise and sound quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone running the touring with a downpipe? I'm wondering if that is the perfect solution on noise and sound quality?

Track and DP was too loud for me so I ordered and received the Touring conversion. Just haven't had a chance to install it yet.

die_sel91

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
mk7r

I'm running AWE touring with cts catted downpipe. It's exactly what I wanted. Quite around town but sounds amazing WOT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
AWE produces a piece you can purchase to do the conversion from track to touring, I think it's somewhere between $50 and $100.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
AWE produces a piece you can purchase to do the conversion from track to touring, I think it's somewhere between $50 and $100.

Try $265. Ask me how I know. :D

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
Tomorrow is the plan. Still have the Track on at the moment. Hoping that front section comes off nice and easy.

please followup with a vid or something. i sucks checking for updates from installs and there no followup post install lol :(:eek: i've been lucking out lately and biting at the bit

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
please followup with a vid or something. i sucks checking for updates from installs and there no followup post install lol :(:eek: i've been lucking out lately and biting at the bit

I'll see what I can do. I had the car backed up on the big RaceRamps a few days ago and just didn't feel comfortable attempting the switch. I could reach all the slip-fit joints, but I didn't feel I had the necessary room to exert the force that might be needed to pull the section out and replace it. I'd much rather have the car on a lift.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Here are a couple of shots of the piece:

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Try $265. Ask me how I know. :D

Ah, guess they bumped pricing. It's been a little over two years since I last looked into it due to the track mellowing out a bit after I initially installed it and it being "too loud" for the wifey.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

Thanks for the pic, now I have a better idea on how it goes, it shouldn't be too bad since that hanger should come out very easy on the AWE system, I'm not sure that want to work on it today being so frigging cold out [emoji4][emoji4]
I like the fact that you can switch it around but not something that I would like to do all the time [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

IBFreeman

Ready to race!

At least it's not a chump resonator. looks to be a quality piece for the money. i cant wait to hear it. need watch more vids.