GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi aluminum subframe on Mk7 Gti

LeGti

Ready to race!
Yeah, I modded my fenders pretty extensively and still have some slight rubbing at times on one side with the spacers up front that I needed to clear the BBK. I actually contacted SRS-Tec about these a few weeks back and ordered their rear spoiler to see find out their quality. If the spoiler turns out well, I am going to get these fenders too. Once they come out with a camber solution I will likely invest in these arms if they are as good as they seem.

Cool: looking forward to seeing your fender mods ;-)

Count on me for an unbiased review. If they're rubbish I'll say so. But my little finger says they're magic...

ROK

Passed Driver's Ed
I thought I read somewhere that the Superpro control arms and joints would not work with BBK's and possibly not with the PP/R brakes? This is apparently not the case? I would love to do a similar set up. Looks awesome man!

nikhsub1

What?
I have the same control arms and sway bars that I hope to install this weekend in my R... I'm not going to replace the subframe though - I just can't justify it even though it is a gorgeous part! I had the SuperPro LCA's on my MK6 and it makes a WORLD of difference in stability and feel, one of the best suspension mods you can do IMO.

Mk620T

Ready to race!
Nice. In for the after-install impressions. Amazing how solid my TT felt over my mk4 considering that they were on identical platforms save the rear suspension. The upgraded parts definitely make a difference.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Do you fit the VWR dogbone mount for the gearbox rear mount as well? Just to complete the whole lightweight alu look?

LeGti

Ready to race!
I have the same control arms and sway bars that I hope to install this weekend in my R... I'm not going to replace the subframe though - I just can't justify it even though it is a gorgeous part! I had the SuperPro LCA's on my MK6 and it makes a WORLD of difference in stability and feel, one of the best suspension mods you can do IMO.

That's what I heard over and over: the arms offer a significant improvement. Can't wait to try it!!

LeGti

Ready to race!
Nice. In for the after-install impressions. Amazing how solid my TT felt over my mk4 considering that they were on identical platforms save the rear suspension. The upgraded parts definitely make a difference.

I'm really hoping the subframe, A-arms, bushings and Arbs fix what is imho the one of the Mk7´s shortcomings: poorly located suspension... Fingers crossed!!

LeGti

Ready to race!
I'll list the subframe bolts' part numbers. But, "while you're in there", ha ont gone through the work to drop the subframe, you might want to change:

- front sway bar,
- subframe dogbone bushing,
- A-arm bushings for the oem arms, or swap arms entirely,
- Downpipe as it becomes very accessible,
- boost pipes / DV

Also, I'd ask Tyrol Sport it their 8v Audi A3 deadset bolt kit will soon be released: might be worth the wait.

Ben.

LeGti

Ready to race!

Halvie

WOOSA
Probably better asked on vortex, but does anyone know if the S3 also has an aluminum rear subframe? Not finding many useful pictures. If so, this would most likely fit a new R, right?