GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

April Ordering Thread

colham

Ready to race!
Ordered a Gtd on April 2nd still haven't received a confirmed build week, does anyone have any ideas why that is?

Spec: Manual, carbon grey, chassis control, tech pack, lane assist, parking pack, keyless, winter pack

You should have got one by now. Have you spoken to your dealer?

joelburbidge

Yes spoke to the dealer, said the car is now a 16 model with keyless and winter pack being taken off of the invoice, also said unconfirmed build week for the middle of august so could still change looking at end of September deliverly meaning almost 6 months of waiting.

colham

Ready to race!
Yes spoke to the dealer, said the car is now a 16 model with keyless and winter pack being taken off of the invoice, also said unconfirmed build week for the middle of august so could still change looking at end of September deliverly meaning almost 6 months of waiting.

Ouch, that's a long wait. Great getting the extras chucked in at 2015 invoice price though.

My car is currently sat in the docks somewhere in the UK (think it might be Sheerness) and has been since 23rd June. Supposed to be 7-10 days to get to retailer, but been 13 so far. Just contacted VW UK Customer services to see if they know how big the backlog is.

Bikebits

Ready to race!
I ordered my car the last week of April. It was built the week of June 8th. Dealer called today with the VIN number as the car has arrived in Canada. I should take delivery within two weeks. :)

colham

Ready to race!
Email from dealer just as I left work. Car will be with them on Thursday...nearly there ��

FirstGTI2

I wanted to give you guys an update regarding my order to shed some light on whats going on here on the west coast.

I ordered a MY2015 on April 11th.
June 7th: Car built and at the port
June 30th: Car is being converted to a MY2016. Sale Rep told me they are not releasing any cars until earliest 8/20 or early September.

We ended up finding a 2015 GTI with most of the options we wanted on the lot and went with it. It was a tough decision whether to wait for the 2016 upgrades or get the 2015 now. Considering our old civic was on the brink of death, I think it was a wise decision!

Shifty6

Ready to race!
Man! I ordered on 4-8, and my build date isn't until 7-29-15. Although, I don't think they gave the dealer allocation for a 2015.

colham

Ready to race!
Pick up my new motor on Friday!!!

Just got to get the finance paperwork done today (gotta pay for it somehow!)

Jack Summers

Not long to wait now CoLH :) I had a look on the June ordering thread out of curiosity and most people (Mostly British) have been given build weeks earlier than our, is it just me or did we pick the wrong time to order our cars with the change to MY2016 haha

andig4

Passed Driver's Ed
Colh! 29 mins.... Lol

Streethawk75

You should have got one by now. Have you spoken to your dealer?
I'm new to this site - looking to see if I was alone - appears not. Ordered my gtd beginning of April and still have no idea of build date. Retailer said the factory were stopping build of gtd due to backlog of gti's. So, could be September, could be October. Who knows!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Shifty6

Ready to race!
Streethawk: That seems weird. In the US, dealers are given a certain number of cars, then as they sell them off they are "allocated" more. I think that was the issue with my dealer. I ordered 1st week of April, and they didn't have allocation until May. This actually pushed it to a 2016 MY. If they don't have a build date by now you may want to ask about it. That seems odd. I Think the UK guys are getting their cars faster than the US guys.

Streethawk75

Streethawk: That seems weird. In the US, dealers are given a certain number of cars, then as they sell them off they are "allocated" more. I think that was the issue with my dealer. I ordered 1st week of April, and they didn't have allocation until May. This actually pushed it to a 2016 MY. If they don't have a build date by now you may want to ask about it. That seems odd. I Think the UK guys are getting their cars faster than the US guys.
Yeah it seems a bit odd. They gave an estimated build date then 2 months later said about the factory having a 0% gtd production. So BD could be in September but no guarantee. Got no idea when it'll arrive. Wondered if anyone else had been told the same? Then I found out the base spec was being modified with no details. I hear keyless ignition and the winter pack are being added free (didn't select them) but also heard something was happening to engine? Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk