GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 3+ Turbo Limits on Corn

USA

Ready to race!
I have called APR and asked them what is this 71mm turbo capable of and they have no idea or at least the guy on the phone put me on hold and came back and told me they had no idea. I am going built block and E85. I want more power. I am willing to pay for it. If this Stage 3 turbo will take me to 550/500 on E85 I will not need to purchase another turbo kit. My next problem is getting dyno tuned but one thing at a time. Any valid advice is welcome.

r-gazmic

Passed Driver's Ed
I have called APR and asked them what is this 71mm turbo capable of and they have no idea or at least the guy on the phone put me on hold and came back and told me they had no idea. I am going built block and E85. I want more power. I am willing to pay for it. If this Stage 3 turbo will take me to 550/500 on E85 I will not need to purchase another turbo kit. My next problem is getting dyno tuned but one thing at a time. Any valid advice is welcome.

UM claims 499whp/484wtq with built motor on that turbo, in the notes on that dyno chart it says E85.

Might be worth contacting them about it, but if that was an E85 run I don't think you're getting to 550whp on that turbo.

USA

Ready to race!
UM claims 499whp/484wtq with built motor on that turbo, in the notes on that dyno chart it says E85.

Might be worth contacting them about it, but if that was an E85 run I don't think you're getting to 550whp on that turbo.
Well not wanted to hear that. But it is what it is. I might just settle with those numbers and enjoy the car. Thank you for info.

r-gazmic

Passed Driver's Ed
Well not wanted to hear that. But it is what it is. I might just settle with those numbers and enjoy the car. Thank you for info.

No worries, I think you'd even need to modify the APR kit to use the UM tune anyways, different wastegate setups.

If you're really set on 550+ whp, pretty sure Iroz is the way to go at this point. If you priced it right I'll bet that APR kit could be gone in a hurry :D

USA

Ready to race!
No worries, I think you'd even need to modify the APR kit to use the UM tune anyways, different wastegate setups.

If you're really set on 550+ whp, pretty sure Iroz is the way to go at this point. If you priced it right I'll bet that APR kit could be gone in a hurry :D
Probably swapping kits. I like the APR it is quality stuff.