GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage 3+ Members

USA

Ready to race!
Bought car October 6th and dropped off on October 23rd and today the 27th car is finished. Car has 800 miles on it. Master tech and I went for a test drive and performed a launch and I have to admit that I did not expect the car to pull as hard as it did. Consider the car I traded in was a twin turbo Mustang GT. This car is now EXTREMELY FUN. I do have a question for the guys with Stage 3+. Around 3-4000 rpm there is a nasty what sounds like a bearing going out noise. Am hearing this is normal. Out of all the turbo cars I have ever had I have never heard a turbo make a high pitched noise like this. Very annoying. The noise is not turbo surge or spooling. BOV is recirculated so not that. Any idea?

TRVotexed07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17GolfR
Bought car October 6th and dropped off on October 23rd and today the 27th car is finished. Car has 800 miles on it. Master tech and I went for a test drive and performed a launch and I have to admit that I did not expect the car to pull as hard as it did. Consider the car I traded in was a twin turbo Mustang GT. This car is now EXTREMELY FUN. I do have a question for the guys with Stage 3+. Around 3-4000 rpm there is a nasty what sounds like a bearing going out noise. Am hearing this is normal. Out of all the turbo cars I have ever had I have never heard a turbo make a high pitched noise like this. Very annoying. The noise is not turbo surge or spooling. BOV is recirculated so not that. Any idea?
Congrats hopefully joining the stage 3 + club soon is this Paul!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TRVotexed07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17GolfR
Paul its Anthony we spoke on the phone on Monday I believe. Did you have the car dynoed yet?

USA

Ready to race!
Paul its Anthony we spoke on the phone on Monday I believe. Did you have the car dynoed yet?

Ah yea. Thats what I thought. You should have a missed call from me. No dyno yet but having many fast cars over the years this one surprised me. Did a launch for first time upon picking up from shop and very impressed. Ordering a built engine from APR this week. They turning up boost.

TRVotexed07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17GolfR
Ah yea. Thats what I thought. You should have a missed call from me. No dyno yet but having many fast cars over the years this one surprised me. Did a launch for first time upon picking up from shop and very impressed. Ordering a built engine from APR this week. They turning up boost.
Ok cool I can give you a call tomorrow. Haha you waste no time I love it. Thats going to be a beast!!

TRVotexed07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17GolfR
I am wondering how much TQ this DSG will be able to handle? Anybody break one yet?
I cant speak for the APR dsg tune but UM has dq250s making 600whp or more. The most recent record car ran a 9.5@145 with dodson clutchpaks I believe the rest of the tranny was stock but not sure. Might have had an upgraded diff.

USA

Ready to race!
I cant speak for the APR dsg tune but UM has dq250s making 600whp or more. The most recent record car ran a 9.5@145 with dodson clutchpaks I believe the rest of the tranny was stock but not sure. Might have had an upgraded diff.

Curious what TQ that record car was making. One thing I like is the cast iron block we have. Holds much more that the aluminum blocks.

TRVotexed07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17GolfR
Thanks. So roughly 506 TQ. I am hoping my APR turbo will take me there on E85 as well.
You should be close to the 500 mark I would imagine. Can't wait to see ypur results.

USA

Ready to race!
You should be close to the 500 mark I would imagine. Can't wait to see ypur results.

The shop I use bought a dyno 3 weeks ago and is almost ready. The problem I am running into is APR does not do dyno tuning. I am wondering what size turbo IROZ was using.