GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the MK7 Golf R ECU Upgrade!

BzzzBom

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm going in Monday to have a APR stage 1 tune flashed. It would appear that they have fixed the majority of issues people were having. Also glad I waited.

I will report a mini review of before and after once it's completed.
Current stats
2016 Golf R with just over 3k miles
Nav/DCC
DSG

Can you list all the prior issues please?

Oryx R

Ready to race!
Can you list all the prior issues please?

Yeah can someone list them?

I haven't had any issues (that I know of) and my car has ran great with the tune. Im glad they fixed the issues but I was hoping it would be faster. Lol. Guess I need to go to stage 2 for that.

Davey Jones

Ready to race!
The updated tune I received was to fix EPC/limp mode issues that could happen during 'spirited' driving in higher gears

iliveoncaffiene

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 718 GT4
Yeah can someone list them?

I haven't had any issues (that I know of) and my car has ran great with the tune. Im glad they fixed the issues but I was hoping it would be faster. Lol. Guess I need to go to stage 2 for that.

From what my tuner told me when I went in to get v2.2 was that a lot of the surge and overboosting (which wouldn't necessarily cause limp mode, but would starve the turbo and cause unnecessary wear) was fixed as well.
As a result, the low end has slightly less boost at low RPMs, but the delivery is a lot more linear.

Davey Jones

Ready to race!
From what my tuner told me when I went in to get v2.2 was that a lot of the surge and overboosting (which wouldn't necessarily cause limp mode, but would starve the turbo and cause unnecessary wear) was fixed as well.
As a result, the low end has slightly less boost at low RPMs, but the delivery is a lot more linear.

When did you get v2.2? I believe I was updated with v2.0 a few weeks ago.

I wish there were public announcements from APR when there are updates available. Not like they capture our email address or anything when we buy the software in the first place...:rolleyes:

iliveoncaffiene

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 718 GT4
When did you get v2.2? I believe I was updated with v2.0 a few weeks ago.

I wish there were public announcements from APR when there are updates available. Not like they capture our email address or anything when we buy the software in the first place...:rolleyes:

Last week on Friday. My tuner was reading a release e-mail from APR about the v2.2 update which should "officially" release this week from APR (I assume with an official announcement).

But, it was already on their servers when I went in for an update, so I happened to get v2.2 then.

A2R

Go Kart Newbie
Lol well I just got tuned today. What version is it that is already out? Is it ok to run or should I go back to the software update?

Thanks

BzzzBom

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm confused. Last week my APR tuner confirmed that v2.2 is available for my box code and I'm scheduled for the upgrade tomorrow. Arin, are you saying that I should wait for the official APR announcement? What are the specific changes over the last version?
Thanks

A2R

Go Kart Newbie
I don't think I recieved any confirmation email. Just an email to accept the APR conditions or waiver type deal. I did recieve the APR access key email that's it.

I did recieve a receipt with the applied tune saying version 2.2 as well. But nothing that looked to official.

iliveoncaffiene

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 718 GT4
I'm confused. Last week my APR tuner confirmed that v2.2 is available for my box code and I'm scheduled for the upgrade tomorrow. Arin, are you saying that I should wait for the official APR announcement? What are the specific changes over the last version?
Thanks

It may be on the servers but APR has not officially announced it yet. Arin is saying that before you run to your tuner to get the upgrade, wait until the official announcement so that you can be 100% sure it is available to all cars.

The official "release" is really just an announcement that it's fully deployed, not an actual change if you happened to get v2.2 already. Right now it's probably in a state of partial deployment where not all files have been uploaded yet.

I don't think I recieved any confirmation email. Just an email to accept the APR conditions or waiver type deal. I did recieve the APR access key email that's it.

I did recieve a receipt with the applied tune saying version 2.2 as well. But nothing that looked to official.

Sorry if I'm answering for Arin here but that is all you get. The only "official" thing will be an announcement from APR about the release of v2.2.
If you happened to get it before the "official" announcement then you just got lucky and got the official release version before they announced it....

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

A free update is now available for North American MK7 Golf R and S3 Stage 1 and 2 ECU Upgrades. The new version 2.2 update addresses all known bugs on previous versions, adds the new APR Motorsport rev limiter and provides various tweaks to the underlying code to deliver a more refined driving experience. The update installs in minutes, and is available at all North American APR dealers! Schedule an appointment today and Go APR!