GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR IS38 GTI VS Stock CBR 600 RR

digilio86

Ready to race!
I was on my way home late tonight when a street bike comes up behind. There is a little bit of traffic as we just pulled from being stopped at a intersection. The what I later found out was a cbr 600rr rider pulls up to me as we are at highway speed and goes wot, zipping around a car or two to clear the group. I was pretty impressed at the acceleration. It takes me a little longer to maneuver through the traffic, but I eventually catch up to him and come on and off throttle a couple times to see if he wants to run, at this point we are in the middle of nowhere with no traffic ahead. ( just recently installed a new steering wheel and haven't wired the horn yet) I roll on the go pedal so to speak and he pulls with me. I'm guessing at around 50 - 55 in third gear and to my surprise I don't immediately see tail lights, not only that but I slowly am pulling him. After the pull we drive for a couple miles, him behind me until we come to a town and he gets along side of me. He yells is that a golf r and I ask if he wants to pull over at the wawa. It turns out I put about a half car on him, the rider being about 170 lbs. We ended up talking for a few minutes and it's funny cause he works for my employments competitor. Well I'm pretty stoked as I'm pretty sure these bikes trap 125 - 130 ish. I gave up my street bike for my hopped up gti. This helps with the yearning to ride a little bit. ( too many people seemingly don't care if they kill a motorcyclist ) I think I might finally be installing my water meth with jb4 and 3.5 in all the way back exhaust next weekend, so hopefully some power gains to be made. Sorry for the wall of text and no video proof. [emoji481]

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Having owned a CBR 600RR I'd imagine that would be a good race as you described, but I never ran mine down the 1/4 so I'm not sure what they trap

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Time slip? What's it trap that's so drastically faster than 125-130s?

Traps in the 130's and I don't have a slip. That's just how much faster they are with a pro rider vs Joe Schmoe. These modern superbike require inhuman skill levels to ride to the limit. I'm nothing compared to the "aliens" like Marquez and Rossi

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
At first I was doubting what class you raced by your lack of a tire sponsor, but now after I clicked the link to your site I see you're not even riding a 600...it's a 250 or 300 with a single front rotor.

What's that run in the 1/4 mile?

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
At first I was doubting what class you raced by your lack of a tire sponsor, but now after I clicked the link to your site I see you're not even riding a 600...it's a 250 or 300 with a single front rotor.

What's that run in the 1/4 mile?

Bridgestone. 600's are expensive to race. You wouldn't know about that, though. A tuned 300 does 13's

Sportbike magazine did a lazy ZX-6R ('13) 10.71 @ 131.0 bone stock.

What class do you race in?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
AMA mx 250B and 450B
GNCC XC2B
AWRCS XC2B
CRA Four Stroke Class hare scramble
CRA MX college boy and B

I was top three in my CRA class from 15-18 years old, started my aviation career at 20 and haven't raced since. Gotta have weekends off to race, but hey own my house and have an awesome wife (who also rides) and have my second kid on the way. So at least I'll get to take them racing soon.

upload images

digilio86

Ready to race!
Traps in the 130's and I don't have a slip. That's just how much faster they are with a pro rider vs Joe Schmoe. These modern superbike require inhuman skill levels to ride to the limit. I'm nothing compared to the "aliens" like Marquez and Rossi

Now you are sponsored rider, that's cool and all, but not even close? Please, all of these bikes are so comparable it comes down to the rider. It does not take Rossi to pull the potential out of a street bike from a roll. Let's compare apples to apples you did not run a 9 second 1/4 on a stock 636. Mod for mod I guarantee they post somewhat similar times with the same rider albeit the 636 winning due to those 37cc putting it in a whole different weight class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
With bikes it's always a rider issue. 95% of 1000cc riders and 99% of 600cc riders that you run into on the street completely suck.

The Camaro in this video is a very consistent 10.50@130 car. The bike (bone stock 10 year old 600) is a very consistent 10.60@126-127.

The car would win every race from a dig, and despite having a higher trap, lose every race on the roll until the bikes top speed.

The car is out launching the bike, and accelerating harder after 100mph, but that in between zone is where the little 600 is FAST.

Keep in mind a modern 600 is making a lot more power than the decade old relic in this vid.

This is a perfect example...professional level 150lb rider and extremely consistent car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBmbW8m8SUE

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Now you are sponsored rider, that's cool and all, but not even close? Please, all of these bikes are so comparable it comes down to the rider. It does not take Rossi to pull the potential out of a street bike from a roll. Let's compare apples to apples you did not run a 9 second 1/4 on a stock 636. Mod for mod I guarantee they post somewhat similar times with the same rider albeit the 636 winning due to those 37cc putting it in a whole different weight class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right that's with engine work and mr12 race gas. Fair enough