GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Expands the APR Plus Limited Powertrain Warranty Program

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
A couple questions Arin@APR...

1. Do the 5k oil changes need to happen at an APR dealer? Or can I do them myself with proof, or at a non-APR VW dealer?

2. I have a 1.25" hitch on my car for a hitch mount bike rack - never used for towing (and never will be). Will just the presence of the hitch be enough to void the warranty for "breakdown due to towing"?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

1. Do the 5k oil changes need to happen at an APR dealer? Or can I do them myself with proof, or at a non-APR VW dealer?

2. I have a 1.25" hitch on my car for a hitch mount bike rack - never used for towing (and never will be). Will just the presence of the hitch be enough to void the warranty for "breakdown due to towing"?

I would read the warranty they provide. I doubt Arin wrote it, and he's not the company's lawyer. I didn't see any requirement, under your responsibility, for oil changes to be done at an APR dealer, did you? You might want to, since getting them done at a VW dealer won't matter anymore.

I didn't look for what would refer to a trailer hitch, but since you can't prove you never used it for towing, I would worry.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
I would read the warranty they provide. I doubt Arin wrote it, and he's not the company's lawyer. I didn't see any requirement, under your responsibility, for oil changes to be done at an APR dealer, did you? You might want to, since getting them done at a VW dealer won't matter anymore.

I didn't look for what would refer to a trailer hitch, but since you can't prove you never used it for towing, I would worry.

I talked with him and no you can do all your service yourself. Just need to keep documents and receipts as you normally would to prove you did it that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
One inequity that I would love to have Arin address is why is the APR+ price the same for the 2018 vehicles with the much longer factory warranty, as it is for 2017 and under vehicles with a much shorter factory warranty. Seems to me that the 2017 and under owners ought to be getting a price break seeing as their coverage time would be so much shorter.

We felt it was easier to just make it one standardized price for the platform.

Anywhere. Just keep a record of the oil changes.

That's totally cool. No issues there.

XoneDB4

Ready to race!
Is there any prospect of this extending beyond the USA any time soon? I’m sure I’m not the only UK GTI owner who’s interested...

Mak_Attack

Passed Driver's Ed
How much is the APR plus TCU tune? Trying to understand what's included in the drivetrain warranty. If i tune just the ECU and have DSG problems will i still be covered with APR Plus?

cpt_charlios

How much is the APR plus TCU tune? Trying to understand what's included in the drivetrain warranty. If i tune just the ECU and have DSG problems will i still be covered with APR Plus?

TCU Tune is $699.99. From the warranty disclosure on APR site and from what I got from my APR dealer, the TCU is covered, even if you dont have the TCU tune.

"Transmission: (Automatic or Manual) Transmission Case and all Internal Parts plus: TorqueConverter; Automatic Flywheel/Flex Plate; Vacuum Modulator; Electronic Shift Control Unit; Transmission Cooler; Transmission Mounts; Oil Pan, DSG Clutches and Basket."

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Is there any prospect of this extending beyond the USA any time soon? I’m sure I’m not the only UK GTI owner who’s interested...

We have importers in other countries (like Germany) offering warranties. Not sure we'll see that in the UK. I guess it depends how the laws / warranties work out in those countries.

kevingt

For the GTI, is the Plus tune now the same as the normal stage 1? I see comments about HT/HO vs LT/LO, but the output numbers on goapr make them look the same.

“With APR Plus, you will have up-to 292 hp and 334 lb-ft of torque.”

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
For the GTI, is the Plus tune now the same as the normal stage 1? I see comments about HT/HO vs LT/LO, but the output numbers on goapr make them look the same.

“With APR Plus, you will have up-to 292 hp and 334 lb-ft of torque.”
The 292/334 figure is at the crank. 305/371 is Stage 1, 91 octane, HO/HT; 93 octane would get you a little more.