GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 1.8T ECU, TCU, IS20, IS38 Upgrades - Up to 350+ HP Now Available!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Good to know, emailed Darryl over at SmithVW, got everything squared away, now I just need those paychecks to get here and I'm ready to roll. :D I'll grab my ECU info when I get home just to verify everything is available.

Here's your next mod

Attachments

• img20170719_213924.jpg
    img20170719_213924.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 451

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I must be missing a joke, but I'll be keeping my Fahrver and Gnugen, took me a while to get them(had to buy a third car lol). My dad had the same plates from the late 80s through 2002. Made the thumbnails clickable, pics aren't auto-scaling.

That is awesome.

Thought you were upgrading to an is38 turbo.
Your plates are much better.

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
I don't anticipate the 1.8T golf IS20/IS38 any time soon.

Why? It's the same damn hardware as the Alltrack you already have available. How can a "box code" be such a holdup? I fear that in typical APR fashion, you'll just keep "putting it off" until the car is "so old that it wouldn't be profitable to invest time in the development"

There are lots of us with IS20's sitting in our bedrooms waiting for appropriate software for their 1.8T Golfs and Sportwagens.

Get with the program, please.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
Why? It's the same damn hardware as the Alltrack you already have available. How can a "box code" be such a holdup? I fear that in typical APR fashion, you'll just keep "putting it off" until the car is "so old that it wouldn't be profitable to invest time in the development"

There are lots of us with IS20's sitting in our bedrooms waiting for appropriate software for their 1.8T Golfs and Sportwagens.

I guess it's hard to beat the JB4.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
I don't anticipate the 1.8T golf IS20/IS38 any time soon.

I find the OP to be confusing and the APR website bordering on deceptive. Assuming the following info is correct (please correct if it isn't), I recommend that you change the website and OP to specifically state that:
1) IS20\IS38 support only available for the following 1.8 TSI Gen 3 models: Alltrack, Sportwagen 4MOTION
2) TCU upgrades only supported for 1.8 TSI Gen 3 models with DSG transmission: Alltrack, Sportwagen 4MOTION

Seems like a little bit of clarification would reduce a lot of forum questions, support calls, and grief from those visiting dealers looking to upgrade.

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T

Yeah, I'm not sure on this one. I've had this turbo sitting in my room for going on 4 months. I called APR, because I was considering switching to Uni/JB4 so I could get it installed. Then we find out it's only the sportwagens. Talked to the APR dealer I'm working with to get an idea of a time table, and the support ticket has been "queued" for going on 2 months. And the hold up is a box code...

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah, I'm not sure on this one. I've had this turbo sitting in my room for going on 4 months. I called APR, because I was considering switching to Uni/JB4 so I could get it installed. Then we find out it's only the sportwagens. Talked to the APR dealer I'm working with to get an idea of a time table, and the support ticket has been "queued" for going on 2 months. And the hold up is a box code...

It's not just Golf hatchbacks that they are dragging their feet on, it's also all non-4motion Sportwagens. We all share the same engine hardware, forchristsakes APR, just make a damn file!

I've been emailing my local APR dealer about software. I provided my box code number to them and they told me they only have Stage 1 and Stage 2 for it, so I asked about putting in a IS20 request with APR for my box code file, and it's been crickets from them since.

Losers.

Last edited:

Ton

Go Kart Newbie

JB4 is all you need.

740GLE

It's not just Golf hatchbacks that they are dragging their feet on, it's also all non-4motion Sportwagens. We all share the same engine hardware, forchristsakes APR, just make a damn file!

I've been emailing my local APR dealer about software. I provided my box code number to them and they told me they only have Stage 1 and Stage 2 for it, so I asked about putting in a IS20 request with APR for my box code file, and it's been crickets from them since.

Losers.

Is probably the same engine, but not the same drive train. Seeing the Alltrack/4Mo Golf was 90% Golf R, it was low hanging fruit for APR.

Also a non-DSG TSI may not be durable enough for them to invest in the tune.

Didn't APR just sell out? I bet they are having a huge shake up for management/staffing, new tunes are probably on the back burner. Just my guess.

For those left hanging, time to start looking elsewhere.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Why? It's the same damn hardware as the Alltrack you already have available. How can a "box code" be such a holdup?

It's a totally different calibration, and a different transmission that can't take as much power and torque. Despite me wanting the software avaialble for all of you, right now, I don't think calibration will slip in the project very quickly.

Is probably the same engine, but not the same drive train. Seeing the Alltrack/4Mo Golf was 90% Golf R, it was low hanging fruit for APR.

Most definitely not low hanging fruit. We worked on this software for 6 months.

Didn't APR just sell out? I bet they are having a huge shake up for management/staffing, new tunes are probably on the back burner.

0 change in management. 0 change in projects. We are planning for new hires so we can take on more projects. Basically what we are doing/was doing is the reason we were purchased, and with that will come more bodies so we can work on more projects.

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
Arin, Is the is38 ok with the tiptronic trans?

I would go with the IS20 on the tip since we aren't able to adjust the redline to take advantage of the IS38 very well.

Arin,

Ton asked about the Tiptronic transmission and the IS38......you suggested an IS20 for that application. Why if not available?

Hey Arin,
Curious about availability for 1.8 Golfs w/ TipTronic. My tuner ran my box code and said it's not available.

Have them put in a request. Stage 1 and 2 should be available now for all codes.

espo92 asked about his box code w/ Tiptronic transmission......you recommended he have his dealer put in a request, like it was no problem at all for APR to accommodate.

We have a car here we can upgrade, we just have to get it scheduled with engineering. Looking like that will happen some time after waterfest next month.

Then you go on to state that APR has a Tiptronic car at your facility that you plan to get to engineering after Waterfest, which was a month ago.

Now you tell us that there are no immediate plans to release anything of the sort? What happened between then and now that changed your tune? This whole endevour is like a giant APR cock tease.

Last edited: