GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone in Calgary Pre-Order a GTi?

jmansr

Preordered mine about 2 weeks ago. I haven't heard anything from the dealer about stuff other Canadians are talking about (i.e. Build weeks, arrival times)

Ordered a black, 3-door, autobahn DSG. Was told July-ish by my salesman who seemed a little new and not 100% of the details on much of anything. real nice guy though and let me test drive a CC with DSG as my wife and I were having the Manual v. Automatic dispute.

DoritosBob

MK7 GTI 3dr Candy White

Hey,
Ordered mine as well. I cannot wait. The dealer does not have an ETA at all thought.

Ordered a white, 3-door, autobahn DSG, cloth and tech package.

iAmLodi

Ready to race!
East Coast, but my gf ordered her Gti about 2-3 weeks ago and was told the same...early July...no build week given, etc, etc.

We'll prob go back in end of May and hound them for some more info...

jmansr

Ordered from Southcenter, it's close to home. This is my first ever new car purchase so I was pretty clueless about the whole thing.

DoritosBob

Ya sometimes the dealers do not make it easy. Especially in this case that they seem to be lacking information as much as we are. Very cool choice for your first new car though (not that I'm biased...lol.)

jmansr

Cheers. Ya, this is going to be my fifth VW but the first new one. The first one newer than a 99 at that haha. Saw the mk7 at the auto show and kinda fell in love with it. I've been stoked since putting my money down. Wife's tired of hearing about it.

DoritosBob

Haha. I hear that. Good thing we have this forum to share with others that share the obsession.

Are you ok with not getting the Performance Pack with yours? I am. I don't really have any plans to take it on the track and other than that seems to be a minor thing.

wardpr68

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered from Southcenter, it's close to home. This is my first ever new car purchase so I was pretty clueless about the whole thing.

Hey Jmansr, who was your salesperson? Brad? I work at Southcentre myself , so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I will try to answer as best I can.

I just bought mine on Saturday, 5 door Autobahn with leather in carbon steel grey, can't wait!

jmansr

Not bothered about the performance pack. Don't really understand the whole aggravation about it not being available right off the bat. I plan on driving to work in it and am going to love the extra oomph for driving up in the mountains. So really the diff an extra 10 hp don't really appeal all the much to me. But the heated seats and Ipod integration were key lol

We dealed with Devon, who again was great, friendly, personable and he didn't ignore us or not give us his time cause we are a younger couple who get that in large money types of places. The used car manager as well was great who explained exactly what leases were cause we were clueless. What is it you do at south center? Sales?

wardpr68

Passed Driver's Ed
Yep, I work in sales. Shaun is our used car manager, he's a great guy, really knows his stuff and easy to deal with.

Current MK6 GTI owner and I just put in my order for the MK7, can't wait! Congrats on the purchase! Our GM just went down to vegas to drive the new GTI and he said he was very impressed with it.

DoritosBob

This is about the 5drs. Hopefully soon for the 3dr.

TO: All Volkswagen Dealers

Attention: Dealer Principals, General Managers, Sales Managers

SUBJECT: Golf GTI A7 Launch

As communicated during the Las Vegas Dealer meeting, we were exploring the possibility to releasing the new Golf GTI earlier than the planned June timing.

We are excited to announce that the first units of the Golf GTI will be released on Friday May 16th from regional railheads and will arrive at your Dealerships the week of May 20th.

Please join us in welcoming this new & exciting member of the Volkswagen family

DoritosBob

Hey, No I don't. Just used Google. I did talk to my dealership and he confirmed they expect them next week. Cannot find anything about the 3dr yet though.