GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Analog Boost Gauge Options for R

Hey all,

I'm looking for a 52mm boost gauge that matches the MK7 R's gauge cluster. So white, with a blue needle.

The APR gauge would be perfect, except it says "APR" in huge letters and I have (almost) no other APR parts on my car.

Does anyone know of another white faced, blue needled boost gauge?

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Had the Newsouth on my MK5 which replaced a broken APR. APR lasted about 1year then stopped reading, newsouth lasted the rest of the 5 years I had the car.

Thanks for the tips, guys. And VW671, I have the P3 gauge, but want to replace it.

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
I have the APR gauge, and besides the logo issue you have to keep in mind the thing is loud as shit. The needle movement sounds like a mini saw "brrrrr-brrrr-brrrrr" constantly with small changes in vacuum while the engine idles with the AC on.

If you value a quiet cabin on your way to work, the gauge will drive you nuts ...or you will tune it out like I have. As far as reliability, the thing, although noisy as shit, still works 2 years into the install. I bought it because you run a vacuum line from the intake manifold tap to the little module that converts it into an electric signal right from the engine bay. I didn't want to route a house into the cabin.

I have no other APR stuff either... if they discounted the exhaust 500 bucks I would be game lol

Golf R1

Ready to race!
I have APR, the noise concerned me before purchasing, but once installed it was way less than expected. It doesn't bother me one bit, and little things like that tend to do so. I really like how it matches up with the rest of the needles in the car. It is blue and blends right in. I'd probably go with a digital display if I had a digital dash; although since I have old school gauges in MY 16 (which I prefer) I went with APR. The branding is subtle btw.

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
I'm running ProSport Evo Series with OSIR Pod Combo, pretty happy about it,

The background has a hint of greenish shade to it, but it dosnt bother me

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

tortoise

Ready to race!
I don't get these gauges. What do they offer that the R's stock indicators don't? Select "car" on the infotainment screen and voila: Boost, KW, Gs, oil temp, water temp. And there's an onboard lap-timer, although I've yet to fiddle with it, so maybe it sucks.

In any event, what more does one need? What am I not getting here?

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I don't get these gauges. What do they offer that the R's stock indicators don't? Select "car" on the infotainment screen and voila: Boost, KW, Gs, oil temp, water temp. And there's an onboard lap-timer, although I've yet to fiddle with it, so maybe it sucks.

The boost gauge in the infotainment display is an “absolute” boost gauge. Meaning it just adds all pressure together including atmospheric. You’ll notice there isn’t vacuum. So to get an accurate reading on boost pressure you always have to subtract roughly 14.7 (atmospheric) depending on your altitude.

Besides that it is also only showing you commanded boost by the ecu not actual boost pressure as a real gauge would that’s tapped.

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!

2016/2015 infotainments dont have this screen. Only THINKBLUE. Also the gauge is laggy and arguably... ass