GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

dReAdLoK

Passed Driver's Ed
My cousin’s gti, same setup I’m running on the R. BC coils, 19x9 BC Forged wheels with 265/30s all around

You know if he has any rubbing issues or clearance issues at all? Looks really clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
I can’t figure out what to do!

I want as flush as possible. I could go with the following setups:

19x8.5 et45 - 235/35/19 (PS4S)

or

19x9 et45 - 245/35/19 (PS4S)

I realize I can run a 5-8mm Rear spacer on the 19x8.5 setup, but I’d like to not run spacers at all.

Hence why I want the 19x9 setup but I’m worried about rubbing. I’m lowered on Neuspeed Sport Springs.

I’m obviously fine with the fender screw mod, and at worst a roll of the front fenders. Is it possible to fit the 245’s on 19x9?

Thanks!

njavier03

Ready to race!
I can’t figure out what to do!

I want as flush as possible. I could go with the following setups:

19x8.5 et45 - 235/35/19 (PS4S)

or

19x9 et45 - 245/35/19 (PS4S)

I realize I can run a 5-8mm Rear spacer on the 19x8.5 setup, but I’d like to not run spacers at all.

Hence why I want the 19x9 setup but I’m worried about rubbing. I’m lowered on Neuspeed Sport Springs.

I’m obviously fine with the fender screw mod, and at worst a roll of the front fenders. Is it possible to fit the 245’s on 19x9?

Thanks!

They’ll most likely rub without some camber adjustment

WadeRoberson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
NA
Thinking about 245/40/17 MPSS on 17x9 +45 front and rear.

(That should be 6mm closer to suspension/brakes components, and should stick out 14mm farther.)

Stock height at the moment. Will I have any rubbing issues?

Will a 1.5" - 2" drop from coilovers be possible in the future? Would I have to use camber plates and apply ~ -2 degrees?

Thank you.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
How much camber do you have in the rear to fit that 9.5 32 so well?
I was worried going 18x8.5 et 30 id poke too much as I wont be on air (ill be on bc coils).

Tire size is also a very important factor especially since he doesn't seem to running much camber.

I don't remember the exact figure but it's within stock spec at ride height. Tire size is 215/40 all around.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I guess I've moved a bit more in to "aggressive" territory.

18x9 ET45 Konig Rennform
235/40-18 Continental ECS
10mm Front, 5mm Rear Spacers
-2+ degrees front camber, -1.5 degree rear
12 o' clock fender screw removed, only very minor rubbing on big dips

IMG_20180207_223008_149 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

IMG_20180207_223008_150 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

I might end up swapping the 10mms to the rear, or buying another set of 5mms for the front depending on if it rubs in the canyons. I love the look, but I don't love having to slow down so I don't ruin a fender.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I guess I've moved a bit more in to "aggressive" territory.

18x9 ET45 Konig Rennform
235/40-18 Continental ECS
10mm Front, 5mm Rear Spacers
-2+ degrees front camber, -1.5 degree rear
12 o' clock fender screw removed, only very minor rubbing on big dips

IMG_20180207_223008_149 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

IMG_20180207_223008_150 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

I might end up swapping the 10mms to the rear, or buying another set of 5mms for the front depending on if it rubs in the canyons. I love the look, but I don't love having to slow down so I don't ruin a fender.
Do a track day and let me know [emoji23][emoji23]. Dont wanna bacon my stuff. It looks good on the spacers but that's risky man.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Do a track day and let me know [emoji23][emoji23]. Dont wanna bacon my stuff. It looks good on the spacers but that's risky man.

I'm hoping to do a canyon run this weekend and see how it does, but I'm completely expecting to rub with ruts and bumps mid corner. The canyon I like also has a lot of elevation changes so suspension compressing coming down hills could rub as well.

As it sits right now is probably not going to stand for long is my guess, but it does look good sitting!

P.S. My passenger side camber up front is less than my driver side, I've only had a little rub on that side so far. Evening out my subframe might help that, but I'm guessing with the wheels turned it could still be a problem. I had ZERO rubbing before spacers.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I'm hoping to do a canyon run this weekend and see how it does, but I'm completely expecting to rub with ruts and bumps mid corner. The canyon I like also has a lot of elevation changes so suspension compressing coming down hills could rub as well.

As it sits right now is probably not going to stand for long is my guess, but it does look good sitting!
I would maybe suggest getting the srstech wide fronts? It's like $400 or $500 and would prob help a lot. I'm still trying today figure out what wheels I like most which will dictate size for me not the other way around like most