GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adding picture art to mp3

isotonic_uk

Hi Folks

I have put some mp3s which I have downloaded from Soundcloud which work fine on my discover navigation however I would like to add the album art rather than seeing a blank picture for a song.

I have the mp3s and have downloaded all the album art, I just need a program which I can use to attached the jpgs to the mp3.

Is there a tool I can use to do this with? It can be either Mac or Windows but would prefer freeware. Preferably batch so I can select a folder with all my songs and then just add the album art easily.

Am I right in thinking I need an mp3 tag tool?

If there is a tool, do the jpegs need to be of a particular size to work on the discover navigation.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
I use a program (on a Windows PC) called mp3tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/).

Totally free and dead easy to use and very quick. Just make sure your album artwork is no bigger than 400 x 400 pixels otherwise it might not display.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Anything larger isn't just a case of not displaying, it's a case of bloating up your files for no good reason. Pity VW's code doesn't support the classic "cover.jpg" method.

isotonic_uk

Thanks all

I can confirm that this works, used mp3tag on my windows machine and did the trick!

Although its a bit of a hassle downloading the jpegs but at least I know to get it everytime I download a track from Soundcloud.

Appreciate for folks feedback.

Now please if you can help me with another question I have regarding contact pictures on my Galaxy s4 pics now showing up. it's on a separate thread.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?p=136146#post136146

many thanks

isotonic_uk

Just to add to this, for anyone who uses Soundcloud. I managed to download an app on my android phone called SoundLoader (available on play store) which allows you to not only download soundcloud tracks but with all the MP3 tag data including Album art if the track has it.

This saves a hell of a lot of time from doing it through a browser which seems to be the only advertised method which I found through Google.

Hope this helps some one out. It certainly helped me as I am huge SoundCloud user.