GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC Sensor Access

david.heppell

Car(s)
2013 2.0 TDi GT
Hello! I've got an ACC Error message on my 2013 TDi GT and am trying to check the condition of the sensor (and the electrical connector supplying it) on the rear of the ACC sensor module in the lower grill. VCDS reports lack of communication. Can I remove the sensor in-situ, do I have to remove the front bumper to access the connector or is there an easy way to remove the lower front grill that houses the sensor? Many thanks for any advice.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The sensor is just push fit into three "sockets"...& just one simple electrical connector..You might have to remove the upper grille & reach down to get the connector....

2013yr car.....Yours might have the "dome" sensor....expensive new & second hand!!.....worse case is water has got past the aging seals & corroded the PCB....much like the shark fin antenna worse case!....

david.heppell

Car(s)
2013 2.0 TDi GT
Many thanks for the response! No wonder they shifted the sensor up on the 7.5, and at >£200 on eBay no surprise that they get nicked all the time :)

david.heppell

Car(s)
2013 2.0 TDi GT
Hello! I've got an ACC Error message on my 2013 TDi GT and am trying to check the condition of the sensor (and the electrical connector supplying it) on the rear of the ACC sensor module in the lower grill. VCDS reports lack of communication. Can I remove the sensor in-situ, do I have to remove the front bumper to access the connector or is there an easy way to remove the lower front grill that houses the sensor? Many thanks for any advice.
Many thanks for the response! No wonder they shifted the sensor up on the 7.5, and at >£200 on eBay no surprise that they get nicked all the time :)
2 x 10mm bolts and out it comes!

Attachments

• 1_ACC.png
    1_ACC.png
    187.7 KB · Views: 21