GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AC compressor Delete

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I think this will be a custom bracket set up if you want this done it's going to 15 plus years before you see it more common when everyone's a.c. starts to take a crap lol.

Good luck sir

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Yes weight reduction and clean up the bay. Unfortunately I doubt I'll get much feed back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You brought the wrong car?:confused:

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
You brought the wrong car?:confused:
I was thinking this I just picked up the parts the delete the A.C. on my 1991 mk2 which was missing half the a.c. components when I picked it up so I don't feel as bad about that one.

digilio86

Ready to race!
Yeah I think this will be a custom bracket set up if you want this done it's going to 15 plus years before you see it more common when everyone's a.c. starts to take a crap lol.

Good luck sir

Yeah I guess I'll be making one myself.

VW Motorsport

Passed Driver's Ed
Pacific German on his build

After a few weeks of working on the A/C delete, we have made progress!

An A/C delete bracket showed up for testing, looks like it is a perfect fit! I'll post more information about this soon, after the track event this weekend. Still need to pull the A/C lines and condenser out today.

Bracket weight: 2.5lbs
A/C Compressor weight: 9.5 lbs

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

digilio86

Ready to race!
Good find. Thought there would be more of a weight savings.

You have to consider the ac unit as a whole not just the condenser. Also parasitic loss from the belt always turning.

Last edited:

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
You have the consider the ac unit as a whole not just the condenser. Also parasitic loss from the belt always turning.

With modern cars I don't think the parasitic loss is as great as it use to be but I hear you. I will interested to see where you go with this sir.