GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A few issues with my GTI and a dealer dilemma, help! *long*

derekjl

Ready to race!
So my GTI is almost a year old now and only has 5900 miles. I stored it last winter. Over this time period the following issues have come up:

- Fuel line rattle (dealer performed TSB but still not 100% fixed)
- Center console lid has to be slammed to fully latch and shut
- Driver's side auto up/down loses function almost daily
- Head unit hard resets daily all on it's own when turned on, software update
didn't fix issues
- Mystery rattle from passenger's side b-pillar area
- Excessive wind noise from driver's side top of window

My issue is this. My dealer seems to be more than willing to be efficient and correct on all maintenace work (tire rotation, oil change, etc.) but it seems like I have to pull teeth to get them to do warranty work for any of these issues. I brought up the wind noise issue, tech says he can't hear anything, I brought up the auto up/down issue, tech says it's working fine, I brought up head unit issue, tech says I already have the latest software and nothing can be done. I have yet to bring up the other issues I've listed, but have an appointment set for next Monday. I basically have to take the afternoon off of work because I want to BE THERE when the car is in service. Should I escalate my lack of customer satisfaction to someone other than one of the service advisors? I'm not sure how much help contacting VWoA would be. I also don't want to be "that guy" that comes in for service and bitches about everything. I should also note that my questions to them about going for a ride WITH the technician have been passively avoided by them basically saying "HE'LL go for a test drive". Is a ride along with a tech frowned upon for some reason? Is it a liability thing? I'm just confused on where to turn and it's frustrating because the car is basically new. Any input would be helpful.

pipsyp

Ready to race!
My drivers side one-shot window also plays up regularly. This is on a UK 2014 GTD. Glad to hear I am not the only one there.

The little things you are unhappy with I would keep bugging your dealer until you get them sorted to your satisfaction...
involve VW directy if having no joy or try a different dealership if there is anothet in the vicinity.

mlewando

Ready to race!
My center dash console is keep rattling. Whenever I touch it (the sides on the right and left of hearbox) they creek... So you can imagine on the hard bump etc.. I would fix it by myself, but i don't know how to dismantle the sides from center console.